Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: An Ideal Mutual Fund Portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 33 Next >>
aniljain

Online Status: Offline
Quote aniljain Replybullet Posted: 21/Aug/2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by vijaygawde

This appears to be one good fund for those who must invest in Mutual Fund

This is good fund who look for high risk high return.This fund has many similarities with Ted Xl Clap

Discloser : I am invested in this fund and continuing Sip.
Investment is an art, not science
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 21/Aug/2011 at 11:59am
I liked their portfolio.  But please note that their top 2 holdings are hawkins and page and hence the good returns.

Originally posted by vijaygawde

This appears to be one good fund for those who must invest in Mutual Fund
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 22/Aug/2011 at 12:07pm
I curse my SIP mode of investment now. Though I had chosen 4 different dates in the month, it so happened that market was at a high during SIP execution. (;-.. Does anybody know if any broker provides dynamic SIP support?.  Something like invest based on the overall market condition.  I am beginning to think that one should stop SIP when the sensex P/E or the fund P/E is higher than some value. What do you guys think is the reasonable sensex P/E to stop?  Anything above 15?
IP IP Logged
prabhakarkudva

Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 22/Aug/2011 at 12:16pm
Dont judge the SIP methodology with 1/2/3 month experiments - it is supposed to work over years.

You should probably stop a SIP if there is gross overvaluation. If you stop above 15 you might remain out of the market for a long time.
Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.
IP IP Logged
prudentinvestor

Quote prudentinvestor Replybullet Posted: 22/Aug/2011 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by tejas.k

I curse my SIP mode of investment now. Though I had chosen 4 different dates in the month, it so happened that market was at a high during SIP execution. (;-.. Does anybody know if any broker provides dynamic SIP support?.  Something like invest based on the overall market condition.  I am beginning to think that one should stop SIP when the sensex P/E or the fund P/E is higher than some value. What do you guys think is the reasonable sensex P/E to stop?  Anything above 15?

I invest through HDFC's Flex STP. What it does is increases your allocation with falling markets, so that you end up buying more when the nav is down.

How is it different from regular Systematic Transfer Plan ?
HDFC Mutual Fund offers HDFC Flex Systematic Transfer Plan with wide flexibility in order for the investor to plan his investments according to his financial goals. The following are the salient features:

• Under the Flex STP, unit holders will be eligible to transfer {fixed amount to be transferred per installment or the amount as determined by the following formula [(fixed amount to be transferred per installment X number of installments including the current installment) - market value of the investments through Flex STP in the Transferee Scheme on the date of transfer] whichever is higher} on the date of transfer.
  • Invest more when the markets are down - Accelerated investments on the date of transfer in the chosen equity oriented fund when markets are down
  • In a bullish market, continue with normal STP - Aids in keeping the power of compounding on your side in the long term.
  • Automatic tactical asset allocation - Advantage of investing more at lower levels.
  • Active management of the investment portfolio.

Link : http://www.hdfcfund.com/InvestPlans/ContentDisplay.aspx?ReportID=03B44AF6-AFE7-4F58-A220-6D81DCE80B2C

"All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out..” - Peter Lynch
IP IP Logged
Ravenrage

Quote Ravenrage Replybullet Posted: 22/Aug/2011 at 1:54pm
I think when markets tank , it would be a good time to invest via SIP .

Selected funds are : HDFC Prudence and HDFC Equity . Some good small and mid cap funds ? I know the one that is run by Kenneth Andrade . Anyway , Prashant Jain has already started buying , exactly what he had preached in a report at HDFC Mutual website.

His recent buy Auribindo Pharma however , tanked 6% because of some CBI raid scare . HDFC MF also bough Crompton Greaves

Edited by Ravenrage - 22/Aug/2011 at 2:06pm
Risk does not reside in price changes, but in miscalculations of intrinsic value .
IP IP Logged
sajit
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sajit Replybullet Posted: 23/Aug/2011 at 7:27pm
SmartCatji,

Can you enlighten us with your debt fund portfolio also. Which are some of the good debt funds available now?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 23/Aug/2011 at 11:58pm
@prabhakar
agreed, u cant judge by a few months performance.  but i have kind of concluded that its better to manage the money ourself instead of relying on the fund manager.
@prudent
thanks for that info.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 33 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version