Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: HOV SERVICES Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
master

Online Status: Offline
Quote master Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2010 at 11:02pm
  1. Results are on expected lines.
  2. Previous year numbers are not comparable due to sale of ARM division wef Jan-10.
  3. Interest outgo has q-o-q reduced sequentially.
  4. 2nd half should see volume growth with addition of one additional site each in China and Chennai.
  5. Would like to see how markets treat the stock over next 6 months.

Edited by master - 28/Oct/2010 at 11:04pm
Someone’s sitting in shade today because someone planted a tree long time ago.
IP IP Logged
shadows

Quote shadows Replybullet Posted: 03/Dec/2010 at 6:13am
hi hitesh, what is your call on this one , seems that foreign promoters are offloading staketo general public andalso price also moved to south direction.
do you hold this stock, if yes at what price . i hold this at 140 time to exit or averageout
thank you
IP IP Logged
excel_monkey

Quote excel_monkey Replybullet Posted: 03/Dec/2010 at 7:35am
exactly
this one is too good to be true
it is a decent size company
not a single mutual fund invested in this one

Edited by excel_monkey - 03/Dec/2010 at 7:37am
IP IP Logged
genieinvestor

Quote genieinvestor Replybullet Posted: 03/Dec/2010 at 9:59am
the company had Net margins of approx 38% last year. And the quarter results show the margins to be above 70%.
Firstly I dont understand how such a huge difference can crop up, and secondly what I dont understand is how can a BPO company have such huuuge margins. And by the way, these are standalone results.

The story changes entirely when you look at the consolidated results. (The results here refer to the numbers on BSE website). While standalone revenues show Rs 75 million, the consolidated revenues suddenly increase to Rs 8500 millions.

Either this is a very very shady company, or a highly undervalued investment. Only further analysis will bring out the true picture.
IP IP Logged
hit2710

Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 04/Dec/2010 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by shadows

hi hitesh, what is your call on this one , seems that foreign promoters are offloading staketo general public andalso price also moved to south direction.
do you hold this stock, if yes at what price . i hold this at 140 time to exit or averageout
thank you

Any proof of foreign promoters offloading?

If you have read carefully the first post in this thread I had mentioned that some part of promoter holding has been re classified as non promoter holding and hence optically it looks as if promoter holding has come down.

Promoter selling in the market has to be disclosed within a stipulated time frame and I dont see any such disclosures.

Regarding my holding, I have been in this stock right from around 92 levels when the stock was put up in this synopsis. I intend to keep holding it because till date I have received Rs 4 as dividend in fy 11 and I expect to receive Rs 2 as dividend every quarter. If that is the case, then it suits me fine bcos at around 115, this would amount to Rs 8 in total dividend and a div yield of around 6.5 to 7% based on cmp and around 8.5-9% on my purchase price.

Plus as master put up the details earlier, the company seems to be on the growth path with establishment of new centres.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
shadows

Quote shadows Replybullet Posted: 04/Dec/2010 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by hit2710

Any proof of foreign promoters offloading?

No, I thought if general public holding was up from 16% to 21% in 6 months thought that could be promoter sale.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Dec/2010 at 4:27pm
They can also buy from institutional offloading. Check the promoter holdings.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
hit2710

Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 04/Dec/2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by shadows

No, I thought if general public holding was up from 16% to 21% in 6 months thought that could be promoter sale.

You can download the q1 fy 11 results file from bseindia and look up the footnotes given below.According to note 6, beginning april 2010, around 9 lac shares have been reclassified from promoters to non promoters category and hence the fall in promoter holding.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version