Print Page | Close Window

Hawkins Cooker-When will the whistle blow

Printed From: The Equity Desk
Category: Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios!
Forum Name: Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
Forum Discription: These are companies operating in growing markets having have certain niches or specific attributes like new sector plays. These are emerging multibaggers with high risks and high rewards.
URL: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=353
Printed Date: 26/Jun/2024 at 11:23pm

Topic: Hawkins Cooker-When will the whistle blow
Posted By: reetesh
Subject: Hawkins Cooker-When will the whistle blow
Date Posted: 05/Sep/2006 at 1:35am
Basant we talk about Hawkins Cooker couple of days back, you said it is trading some 11 times trailing twelve months means  FY-07 earning that means its EPS would be Rs.7, but I think profit for this year would be around Rs. 10cr. if they maintain same level of growth and margin, margin you expect them to improve because of raw material cooling of like steel and aluminium. Please let me know how did you get to this figure and if I am correct in my assumptions?

-------------
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.

Replies:
Posted By: basant
Date Posted: 05/Sep/2006 at 1:51am
Guess this is whjat I wrote:

"The CMP Rs 91 iis discounted less then the 13 times trailing and at a market cap of Rs48.56 crores it appears very cheap (the  Hawkins brand would be worth the full market"

Trailing means I was doing Fy 06  this year they should do about Rs 12 - Rs 13 (buying is more in the festive season Oct - March)

Yes margins should be better its RoE is also good ( 25%+) the not sure why it si not moving.

About input costs going down yes, that should benefit the company but I do not think that even when they had gone up  you would have a problem passing the cost of a steel and aluminium in a cooker ; the demand is price inelastic and people buy cookers because they need one it is not a luxory item just think a family buys one cooker in 2-3 years and that too we are spending Rs 500 on it.

Since it is a micro cap no Inst./Mf would be interested  but while that is an opportunity it is for the very patient investor.

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: jstk
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 12:37pm

Hawkins june qtr nos have been excellent. Sales have increased [ 30% yoy - althogh on a small base ] & margins have expanded .The tax outgo has increased as past losses have been wiped out last.

I agree with BM's views that the demand for the product is not completely price dependent.

In the case of cookers [ as in so many other things in our life ] ,here the 'lady of the house' decides and she wants to make sure that she uses the best product / does not compromise- as this is a daily used product and benefits of a superior product in the cooker category range from faster cooking time / lower gas consumption to showing off the newest model to your neighbour!!

The Hawkins brand is very firmly entrenched in the consumer minds over tha last 4 decades and the export potential [ 90% of indian family abroad   use a cooker for the dal / rice / sambar ] for their top  end line [ futura ] is huge.

Also with Fringe benefit tax issues pertaining to Institutional sales [ for gifting to staff etc ] sorted out, i feel confident that this company is going to break new paths in the coming new years.

Also they now a new CEO from IIM [ he has been with the co for sometime ] and Brahm Vasudeva is a non exec chairman now.

I am confident  that this year's EPS will be in the range of 19-22 depending on how the season sales pan out.

At the current price of 89, Hawkins Cookers can  cook up some serious profits !!

rgds, jayendra

-------------
If you buy for a non-value reason, you will end up selling for a non-value reason.

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 1:02pm
as in so many other things in our life ] ,here the 'lady of the house' decides and she wants to make sure that she uses the best product / does not compromise- as this is a daily used product and benefits of a superior product in the cooker category range from faster cooking time / lower gas consumption to showing off the newest model to your neighbour!!

This is a very important piece of observation. Can we think of some other products in growing businesses. Not VIM and Surf since they are already discounted by the market.

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Posted By: kulman
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 1:10pm
Instantly it came to my mind that there is a brand called "ScotchBrite"-scrubber, which is used while washing utensils. It is made by 3M,  well known MNC.

-------------
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards

Posted By: Equity Buff
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 1:40pm

I think Hawkins is a good stock and can deliver good returns for the patient investor. Mr. Basant has put EPS estimate for Fy 07 at Rs. 12-13 and Mr. Jayendra has put EPS estimate for FY 07 at Rs. 21-22. Mr. Jayendra since your estimate of EPS is a lot lot more bullish, pls inform, if possible, your reason for this aggressive bullishness.

Thanks
Equity Buff

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 1:44pm
I have been following 3M while it is a BIG company in the US the management has not tried to penetrate into India. The stock is being recomended for over 10 years now - yes 10 years and it has kind of gone nowhere because the parent has not been interested. Now many could say that there lies the opportunity but I would say that this opportunity is uncertain. What happens if 3M decides to come to India with full force in 2010? The opportunity cost of capital is very high. But if 3M decides to move the stock could run!

-------------

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 3:28pm

Traditionally the 1st qtr is the weakest for Hawkins [ loss reported in june qtr  03 , june qtr 04, june qtr 05 ] . This year the 1st qr has been very good with an eps of 3.61 [ no extraordinary / non recurring income ].

For 05/06 excluding the june qtr , eps for the year was 11.5

co has declared a Rs.5 dividend for last year indicating their confidence in the future.

large format store  sales are also looking strong. The next 3 qtrs should be very good and an eps of 19-22 looks achievable.

also RKJ used to hold nearly 4% in the co till around 2 yrs back ......i'm not 100% sure but he still holds just a little under 1%. Although this has not been one of his most succesfull investements, the very fact that he was an investor is proof enough of the potential.

The company is a 'late bloomer' but now looks well entrenched on the growth path.

jayendra 

-------------
If you buy for a non-value reason, you will end up selling for a non-value reason.

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 4:54pm
Hawkins is good defnsive bet, I am looking at those companies who can defend me..

-------------

Posted By: manishdave
Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 10:07pm
Reetesh,
There is contradiction here:

Hawkins is good defnsive bet, I am looking at those companies who can defend me..

Ships are safe in harbor but they are meant to be in sea.

Please take it lightly... :)

Date Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 3:52am
There is hardly any contradiction, you interpreted the whole thing contradictorily. I am a bottoms up kind of an investor who always believes in staying 100% invested, who wants to play safe and dont follow the heard mentality.
I dont want to be another "TITANIC" but yet I want to be in middle rather than on shore..

I hope this clarifies my point..

Reetesh...

-------------

Date Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 9:24pm

Hi all,

Hawkins India is clear leader in Pressure Cooker market and aggresive launching new products in Pressure Cooker and Non-stick Cookware.

Indian Kitckenware market size is Rs.3000 Cr.(Cooker,Non-stick cookware and kirchen appliancs) of which Modular Kitchen contitutes 33%, Cooker 22%, Non-stick cookware 4%, Mixer Grinders 23% and rest are gas stove etc.

With clear leadership position in 2 segment namely Cooker and Non-stick cookware and with Cooker market growing roughly at 8% YoY and raw material prices easing, Hawkins with 5.5% yeild and market cap. of less than 50cr at Rs.90 look very very attractive for patient investor.

Other Advantages

Around 52.81% (Including few % of promoter shares) of Hawkins shares are still in Physical form, and around 56%  promoter holding(Including few % of physical shares as on March`06).
Very little floating stock.

Company hold 78 valid patents and design registrations in various countries around the globe.

Management quality- Hawkins management would give any top rung Indian company management run for its money.

Source: Hawkins Annual Report 2005-2006.

-------------

Posted By: kulman
Date Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 9:58pm
As a business, there is a general consensus that kitchen-ware will boom in view of untapped rural market potential.

I would request Basantjee to have a look at both Hawkins and TTK-Prestige for comparison purpose from financial ratios/analysis view point.

-------------
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards

Posted By: omshivaya
Date Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 10:06pm
Anything that booms in the "rural market" has to sacrifice "pricing power" for "volume". Just like telecom, whereas charges of calls have just kept on reducing but volumes have increased.

Telephone and Power can be called necessity so rural area thrust usually leads to good growth and profits. I am not too sure of what kind of growth can "kitchen-ware" get in a rural area, with a rural mindset being quite different from a urban one. But who knows? Anything is possible

-------------
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it

Date Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 11:05pm
Well OM, I don`t think Hawkins is Rural Market play only, but it has brands for that segment of market as well and in my view it is more of Urban market play with its "FUTURA" range of cookware. 

-------------

Posted By: valueman
Date Posted: 29/May/2007 at 2:59pm

Hawkins Cooker net profit rises 23.36% in the March 2007 quarter

Sales rise 29.28% to Rs 58.64 crore

Net profit of Hawkins Cooker rose 23.36% to Rs 3.01 crore in the quarter ended March 2007 as against Rs 2.44 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2006. Sales rose 29.28% to Rs 58.64 crore in the quarter ended March 2007 as against Rs 45.36 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2006.

For the full year, net profit rose 85.86% to Rs 7.49 crore in the year ended March 2007 as against Rs 4.03 crore during the previous year ended March 2006. Sales rose 27.04% to Rs 173.24 crore in the year ended March 2007 as against Rs 136.37 crore during the previous year ended March 2006.

The company has declared a dividend of Rs.7/- per share .

Any views about the current results ?Is it worth investing ?

Date Posted: 29/Jun/2007 at 2:31am
Yes, you are anyway getting more than what bank will offer you + you have consumption story with shareholder friendly management.

-------------

Posted By: valueman
Date Posted: 10/Dec/2007 at 7:34pm
Stock tips from your kitchen
Mudar Patherya
November 19, 2007
http://moneytoday.digitaltoday.in/stock-tips-from-your-kitchen-9.html   

Mudar Patherya
I did a straw poll in my office 20 minutes ago. “If you were setting up home, which pressure cooker would you buy?” Eight out of 10 shouted back absent mindedly: “Hawkins!” Ipsh*ta said: “Because it is the most visible pressure cooker brand in India” Huzaifa answered: “Because it has been around from the previous generation.” Rajat quoted an old ad line of the brand.

If the men in my office were so aware of the brand, then it was time to look at Hawkins the company; if the men in my office voted for Hawkins with their throats, then it was time for housewives to vote with their purses. Hawkins qualifies as an investment on three counts: it is the biggest pressure cooker brand in India, this brand leadership is reflected in rising profits and the rising profits are not reflected in its market capitalisation.

Consider the audited results of 2006-7.

• Turnover increased from Rs 137 crore in 2005-6 to Rs 174 crore in 2006-7, a volume play.

• Profit after tax strengthened from Rs 4.03 crore in 2005-6 to Rs 7.49 crore in 2006-7, a value play.

• EBIDTA margin strengthened from 6.99% in 2005-6 to 8.6% in 2006-7, a margins play.

One might assume that it was a rocking year for the company: more homes being built, more pressure cookers being bought. Not so simple. Because something also went terribly wrong. Most metals went ballistic and material costs increased from 43% of total income in 2005-6 to 47% in 2006-7.

Many companies would have written a doleful balance sheet commentary: “For reasons outside of our control…” Hawkins didn’t. Instead, the company...

• Reduced expenses. Total expenses as a proportion of total income declined from 51% in 2005-6 to 45% in 2006-7, indicating that the company more than recovered the rise in material costs.

• Made better products. Result: Sales increased 27% while industry grew 7%.

• Passed on cost increases. Pressure cooker realisations rose by Rs 30 a piece; cookware realisations by Rs 35.

• Repaid debt. Loans declined from Rs 15.04 crore to Rs 10.82 crore, reducing interest outgo from Rs 2.07 crore to Rs 1.75 crore.

• Made better use of capital. Every rupee of working capital generated Rs 3.41 in 2005-6 and Rs 3.58 in 2006-7.

The crusade continues. In the second quarter of 2007-8, EBIDTA margin was the highest in the past five quarters at 10.36% (5.92% in the corresponding quarter, 2006-7), EBIDTA Rs 5.17 crore and post-tax profit Rs 2.69 crore. Equity Rs 5.28 crore.

I am a conservative man. I assume that no growth will transpire in the second half and the company will only replicate its earnings of the first. That would still mean an EPS of Rs 18 on an equity price of around Rs 150—a PE of around 8. Look at this from another angle. You can buy the biggest pressure cooker brand in India for less than Rs 80 crore.

Did you yawn? Well, Hawkins paid out Rs 7 (this is not a printing error) per share as dividend in 2006-7. Work out the yield math. Housewives, stop haggling on the grocery and move on to bigger bargains instead.

Date Posted: 27/May/2008 at 6:58pm
Net profit of Hawkins Cooker rose 19.27% to Rs 3.59 crore in the quarter ended March 2008 as against Rs 3.01 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2007. Sales rose 2.73% to Rs 60.24 crore in the quarter ended March 2008 as against Rs 58.64 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2007.

For the full year, net profit rose 50.33% to Rs 11.26 crore in the year ended March 2008 as against Rs 7.49 crore during the previous year ended March 2007. Sales rose 17.85% to Rs 204.16 crore in the year ended March 2008 as against Rs 173.24 crore during the previous year ended March 2007.

Dividend declared Rs.10 as against Rs.7 last year

( source investsmartindia.com)

-------------

Posted By: kumardiwesh
Date Posted: 14/Jun/2008 at 1:18pm
Looks fit for the case of buy-and-forget kind of investments.It's the classic safe stock.EPS of Rs 21.30 for FY08.Trading at a PE of around 8 at Rs 165.Dividend yield in the range of 4-5% or even more.Consistently improving RoE and RoCE.Debt/equity ratio is less than 0.5.And, of course they have the moat in terms of their brand and ability to pass on cost increases.

-------------
"History does not tell you the probability of future financial things happening" - Warren Buffett

Posted By: nikhil090
Date Posted: 21/Jun/2008 at 3:29pm

Added some Hawkins cooker. Seems like a good buy with growth and value both at this point of time.

Posted By: subu76
Date Posted: 21/Oct/2008 at 1:59am
Could someone kindly share a link to their annual report? It does not seem to be available on their web site http://hawkinscookers.com/ - http://hawkinscookers.com/

Posted By: India_Bull
Date Posted: 21/Oct/2008 at 2:29am
Is cooker ki city bajane ki jagah I will look for micro oven beauties !!

-------------
India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com

Posted By: jain208
Date Posted: 13/Mar/2009 at 9:08am

One thing I like about the company is that the company has reduced it's debt gradually over the last few years and has increased the dividend as well. The company has strengthened it's balance sheet beautifully over the last 3-4 years too and the margins have also improved.

Positives-
1. Good balance sheet
2. Great brand name, good management, simple business
3. Cheap valuations and great yield
4. high return ratios
5. no substantial debt and that too is gradually reducing
6. improved efficiency over the past few years
7. Good growth over the last 5 years (2004 NP 0.8 crores as against 2008 NP of 11.26 Crores)

Does anybody have any idea what happened to it during 2001-2004?? The company performed quite badly and reduced the dividends drastically and eventually gave no dividend in 2003. But since then it has done quite well.

Dividend history:-

Dividend Details
Year          Dividend (%)
2008-03       100
2007-03       70
2006-03       50
2005-03       30
2004-03       10
2003-03        0
2002-03       10
2001-03       30
2000-03       40
1999-03       50
1998-03       40
1997-03       40
1996-03       35
1995-03       30
1994-03       22.5
1993-03       22.5
1992-03       22.5
1991-03       20
1990-03       22

Comments invited.

Abhi.

-------------
=======================================
The more it changes, the more it’s the same thing.

Posted By: manish_okhade
Date Posted: 13/Mar/2009 at 10:06am
Originally posted by jain208

One thing I like about the company is that the company has reduced it's debt gradually over the last few years and has increased the dividend as well. The company has strengthened it's balance sheet beautifully over the last 3-4 years too and the margins have also improved.

Positives-
1. Good balance sheet
2. Great brand name, good management, simple business
3. Cheap valuations and great yield
4. high return ratios
5. no substantial debt and that too is gradually reducing
6. improved efficiency over the past few years
7. Good growth over the last 5 years (2004 NP 0.8 crores as against 2008 NP of 11.26 Crores)

Does anybody have any idea what happened to it during 2001-2004?? The company performed quite badly and reduced the dividends drastically and eventually gave no dividend in 2003. But since then it has done quite well.

Dividend history:-

Dividend Details
Year          Dividend (%)
2008-03       100
2007-03       70
2006-03       50
2005-03       30
2004-03       10
2003-03        0
2002-03       10
2001-03       30
2000-03       40
1999-03       50
1998-03       40
1997-03       40
1996-03       35
1995-03       30
1994-03       22.5
1993-03       22.5
1992-03       22.5
1991-03       20
1990-03       22

Comments invited.

Abhi.

Abhi,

Can you plz provide some information on management.

Posted By: Vivek Sukhani
Date Posted: 13/Mar/2009 at 10:09am

Hi Manish,

A management's worth is in what it has done for the company. As Abhishek has pointed out, it has reduced debt, increased dividend over the years, do you need even more information on the management?

Hawkins is an iconic brand like prestige. So, you may not have much doubt on its management quality!!!!

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Posted By: manish_okhade
Date Posted: 13/Mar/2009 at 10:31am
Yes, Hawkins is a cool brand and its just vouched by wife when i spoke to her then i got very enthusiatic reply.

Posted By: jain208
Date Posted: 14/Mar/2009 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by manish_okhade

Originally posted by jain208

One thing I like about the company is that the company has reduced it's debt gradually over the last few years and has increased the dividend as well. The company has strengthened it's balance sheet beautifully over the last 3-4 years too and the margins have also improved. Positives- 1. Good balance sheet 2. Great brand name, good management, simple business 3. Cheap valuations and great yield 4. high return ratios 5. no substantial debt and that too is gradually reducing 6. improved efficiency over the past few years 7. Good growth over the last 5 years (2004 NP 0.8 crores as against 2008 NP of 11.26 Crores) Does anybody have any idea what happened to it during 2001-2004?? The company performed quite badly and reduced the dividends drastically and eventually gave no dividend in 2003. But since then it has done quite well. Dividend history:- Dividend Details Year          Dividend (%) 2008-03       100 2007-03       70 2006-03       50 2005-03       30 2004-03       10 2003-03        0 2002-03       10 2001-03       30 2000-03       40 1999-03       50 1998-03       40 1997-03       40 1996-03       35 1995-03       30 1994-03       22.5 1993-03       22.5 1992-03       22.5 1991-03       20 1990-03       22 Comments invited. Abhi.

Abhi,

Can you plz provide some information on management.

Hi Manish,

Vivek has answered your question perfectly. The company has done all the right things to increase the value of the company.

Adding to it, sometimes a good management can also be seen by what it does NOT do with it's funds. Many companies have gone bankrupt in the past, when they have blown their cash in stupid buyouts and diworsifications.

By the way, as I asked in my previous post, does anyone have any idea what happened to the company during 2001-2004??

Abhi.

-------------
=======================================
The more it changes, the more it’s the same thing.

Posted By: paragdesai
Date Posted: 14/Mar/2009 at 9:18pm
http://www.bseindia.com/qresann/result.asp?scripcd=508486&scripname=Hawkins+Cookers+Ltd&quarter=MC2003-2004&type=41.5 - This may help.

-------------
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity ....

Posted By: Kishor
Date Posted: 22/Mar/2009 at 3:25pm
Hi Manish

It is a great comapny.No doubt about it.But the problem i see is the product is so good that people dont buy Hawkins cooker everymonth.The cooker is used for 5-10 years.So the comapnay to grow they have to increase the volume and I am wondering from where it will come,if people are going to use the cooker for 5-10 years.Please can anybody shed some light on this issue?

Financially their B/S is so clean and it is a delight to watch.

Posted By: wiseowl
Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Kishor

But the problem i see is the product is so good that people dont buy Hawkins cooker everymonth.The cooker is used for 5-10 years....

They also manufacture other cooking utensils of very good quality.

-------------
You alone are responsible for your actions.

Posted By: 9StockPortfolio
Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Kishor

Hi Manish

It is a great comapny.No doubt about it.But the problem i see is the product is so good that people dont buy Hawkins cooker everymonth.The cooker is used for 5-10 years.So the comapnay to grow they have to increase the volume and I am wondering from where it will come,if people are going to use the cooker for 5-10 years.Please can anybody shed some light on this issue?

Financially their B/S is so clean and it is a delight to watch.

For that you will have to find out..
- How many marriages happen in india every year.
- That number divided by Hawkins' market share, will give you number of Cookers sold.
- That number of cookers will also be the same number(Assume) of other kitchen equipments from Hawkins.

Second.
You will have to find out How many people have completed 10 years of having Hawkins.. and upgrading to futura..
Plus service spare parts consumption..

-------------
Pursuit of Value

Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 2:34pm

The real trigger is the rural india which upgrades and the past history will indicate the pace of that upgradation.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 3:08pm
Also read when invested in this company is easy availability of gas in cities as well as rural India which will boost the sells of pressure cookers. also their cookware family sets are in great demand during festival season for corporate & staff gift. (may be not for next yearWink)

-------------

Posted By: NeerajMarathe
Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 4:08pm

i like the company...in the past 5 years, they have built up a damn gud balance sheet..

but lemme be the devil's advocate here..

they have capacity of bout 70 lakh+ cookers..and they produce only 24 lakh cookers(FY08),  still, they r incurring a capex of 8 cr or so, as per bse announcement on 31st jan. now why is this capex being incurred?
second, if there is going to be this sizable expenditure, wud the dividend payout be sustainable?

-------------
Regards
Neeraj Marathe

Date Posted: 25/Mar/2009 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by NeerajMarathe

i like the company...in the past 5 years, they have built up a damn gud balance sheet..

but lemme be the devil's advocate here..

they have capacity of bout 70 lakh+ cookers..and they produce only 24 lakh cookers(FY08),  still, they r incurring a capex of 8 cr or so, as per bse announcement on 31st jan. now why is this capex being incurred?
second, if there is going to be this sizable expenditure, wud the dividend payout be sustainable?

Hawkins Cookers - Outcome of Board Meeting
Announcement:Hawkins Cookers Ltd has informed BSE that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on January 31, 2009, has gave an in-principal approval to the proposed capital expenditure of approximately Rs 7 crores on the construction of Factory Buildings and the procurement of Plant and Machinery for the purpose of improving quality and augmenting capacity. It was expected that the expenditure would be incurred, through the financial year 2009-10.

May be their excess capacities are of old technology & they are looking for new technology which may save cost & provide good quality of product  and also possible that they are in process of introduction of new product range. What I observe is that their ability to handle on raw material side. They are pure metal consuming company but score 100% despite high prices of commodity last year. That's amazing.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/May/2009 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by value

Subu, can u say more on this tax/govt bailout?

Apparently the government increased duty on cookers from 8 to 16%. This was further accentuated by monsoon failures and the likes. Then the govt moved the duty back to 8%.

Date Posted: 31/May/2009 at 8:28pm
20 Rupees dividend per share announced. At current price, the yield is more than 9.5% - I hope increase in dividend rate from 10 Rs/share to 20 Rs/share reflect the optimism of the management and sustainability of performance.

THe stock will most definitely go up on Monday.

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by nikhil090

20 Rupees dividend per share announced. At current price, the yield is more than 9.5% - I hope increase in dividend rate from 10 Rs/share to 20 Rs/share reflect the optimism of the management and sustainability of performance.

locked at upper circuit with more than a lac shares with total quantity traded at less than 5k, as of now on BSE.

Expect 2 more hits.......

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Vivek Sukhani

locked at upper circuit with more than a lac shares with total quantity traded at less than 5k, as of now on BSE.

Expect 2 more hits.......

On a conservative basis at 8 pe it should trading around Rs. 280-290

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 5:51pm
Are the results out....???

By the way, why to be conservative? Secondly, even if to be conservative, whats there in giving it a multiple of 8?

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 5:55pm

The results were indeed printed in ET today.

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 6:00pm

By the way, why to be conservative? Secondly, even if to be conservative, whats there in giving it a multiple of 8?

http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults310309.html - Result is here:

Historically it was trading at this PE. So on a conservative note I am saying this. I don't mind if it trade at 20-25 pe. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 6:05pm
Hi Parag, How do you find out about historical P/E of a stock?  I am trying to hunt for this data desperately.

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 6:13pm
I am talking for last 3 years. For more details you can go to BSE Archive Section. http://www.bseindia.com/histdata/stockprc.asp - Here

-------------

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by paragdesai

http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults310309.html - Result is here:

Historically it was trading at this PE. So on a conservative note I am saying this. I don't mind if it trade at 20-25 pe. Wink

With this kind of a performance, if you give it a 8 P/E, I will get the stock at that P/E and short the other stocks.....nothing could be a better trade than that

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 01/Jun/2009 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by paragdesai

I am talking for last 3 years. For more details you can go to BSE Archive Section. http://www.bseindia.com/histdata/stockprc.asp - Here

Thank you Sir. Smile

Posted By: rushabh
Date Posted: 02/Jun/2009 at 2:31pm

If the stock can maintain the level of 20-25 PE, i see it touching 350-400 mark by october. The demand for the cookers is immense as i got to knw frm a dealer in the city who deals specificly in this brand. Moreover, wot i learnt was the demand for this brand of cookware is such that the delivery of the stock recieved by is dealers are those which are booked 2 months prior. The stock has great growth potentiality and even in these adverse market conditions it has a dividend yield of approx. 9.5%.

Date Posted: 02/Jun/2009 at 3:35am
Hi Rushabh, Any ideas about cash discounts by Hawkins/TTK to dealers?

I guess we will get a better idea about the unit sales in this year's Annual report.

Date Posted: 03/Jun/2009 at 1:13pm

No! The dealers are very stringent when it comes to any kind of discounts except for those which the shareholders recieve as discount coupons along with their dividend warrants.

The sales will undoubtedly grow and the profit and operating margins will reflect immense growth as well. This wud happen as a result of the slashing of steel prices in the period between december to march and this has come as a benefit to this company in the form of acquiring cheap raw materials and its material cost has declined drastically resulting into higher profit and operating margins.

Date Posted: 03/Jun/2009 at 3:00pm

Thanks for your answer.

Posted By: rakeshmehta48
Date Posted: 03/Jun/2009 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by rushabh

The demand for the cookers is immense as i got to knw frm a dealer in the city who deals specificly in this brand. Moreover, wot i learnt was the demand for this brand of cookware is such that the delivery of the stock recieved by is dealers are those which are booked 2 months prior.

This seems very impressive. (I hope 2 months is not the normal norm in this industry) Then company should have pricing power also.
And with raw material prices on the lower side, company should benefit with higher margins in future.
All in all worth accumulating at levels, suitable to every individual.

-------------
Fund Management is Most Important

Date Posted: 03/Jun/2009 at 2:22am

Deleted.

Date Posted: 03/Jun/2009 at 2:24am
Rusabh Sir...a few more questions.

1. Any idea about imports from China? Why is China a threat when it comes to export market but not a threat in India itself? (as per Annual Reports)

2. Also, about local brands. TTK Prestige guys say that the market is divided 50:50 between establised branded players (read Hawkins and TTK) and regional and unbranded players and the market share of the latter is going up.

3. Also, any comparison between TTK Prestige and Hawkins? How do they treat there dealers, who is more desperate to push numbers etc etc. Any general comments about ethics.... (though sales careers is not for gentle souls Smile)

No! The dealers are very stringent when it comes to any kind of discounts except for those which the shareholders recieve as discount coupons along with their dividend warrants.

The sales will undoubtedly grow and the profit and operating margins will reflect immense growth as well. This wud happen as a result of the slashing of steel prices in the period between december to march and this has come as a benefit to this company in the form of acquiring cheap raw materials and its material cost has declined drastically resulting into higher profit and operating margins.

Date Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 3:40pm
I dont really see China as a threat in this sector. Hawkins cooker is a worldwide well established brand and as u aforesaid it is not at all a threat in India. Hawkins cookers are the #1 cookware brand in Europe and Americas and it is rapidly establishing its market in India as well. Talking about the imports from China, i do not have much idea about it but what i can assure it any kind of cookware imports from China wont affect the sales of this brand for sure because of the above mentioned reasons.

Secondly, if you make a comparison between Hawkins and TTK, Hawkins would certainly be the superior one for the following reasons.
1. Hawkins has a production capacity of 75L and rite now it is using for
    about 35-40 percent of its capacity. Therefore to match up any kind of 
    hype in demand in the near future (which seems very likely) the
    production cost would remain the same.

2. Moreover, Hawkins cookers also deals in the cookware ranges and this
    Segment has grown @ 40% this year. Adding more the debt of the co. is
    Very neglible as compared to TTK prestige and therefore it pays far 
     lesser interest than the latter.

3. Dividend criteria is always important from an investor's point of view 
    i think we all know what Hawkins has returned in form of dividend.

Considering these fundamentals i would strongly recommend hawkins cookers with a long-term view and i my views are very bullish for the particular stock. I have been a part of the co. since 3 years now and all in all worth accumulating at levels.Smile

Posted By: shivkumar
Date Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 4:53pm
Pressure cooker is a very Indian phenomenon. Outside of the Indian community few people have heard of pressure cooking! Only scientists and researchers operating in mountaineous regions use pressure cookers! So it must be NRIs who are carting away Hawkins while going to university and buying subsequent replacements at the Indian grocer's.

Date Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 10:49pm
Quick points on your notes....I am trying to paint the entire picture.

Secondly, if you make a comparison between Hawkins and TTK, Hawkins would certainly be the superior one for the following reasons.
1. Hawkins has a production capacity of 75L and rite now it is using for
    about 35-40 percent of its capacity.

TTK also uses 50% of it's capacity.

Therefore to match up any kind of  hype in demand in the near future (which seems very likely) the production cost would remain the same.

This can't be assumed. Between 2003/08 cooker sales only doubled.

2. Moreover, Hawkins cookers also deals in the cookware ranges and this
    Segment has grown @ 40% this year. Adding more the debt of the co. is
    Very neglible as compared to TTK prestige and therefore it pays far 
     lesser interest than the latter.

TTK generates more income from cookware than Hawkins does.

Date Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 11:06am
Subuji, on capacity utilisation.
TTK cookers capacity in 07 was 20 lakh cookers..they increased it to 40 lakhs in 08..(they have increased capacity recently, they are at 50% capacity utilisation)
Hawkins has the huge capacity since years..

i had made a very detailed comparison report on TTK and Hawkins. If anyone wants it, plz mail me at mailto:[email protected] - [email protected] and i will reply with the report..
(i cant post it here coz it contains many tables)...

-------------
Regards
Neeraj Marathe

Date Posted: 04/Jun/2009 at 11:25am
Hi Neeraj,

Most of us would love .... really love to go through your report.
While i'll be mailing you to hear from you .... if it's not too much of a problem please copy paste here too...so that we can refer to it for a long time.

I'll edit it to make it readable.

Regards.

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 3:29pm
Dear Subuji,
I have already sent u the report after receiving ur mail..
I tried pasting it here, but the tables and the formatting gets screwed..cant read it properly...

-------------
Regards
Neeraj Marathe

Posted By: Hitesh Shah
Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by NeerajMarathe

Dear Subuji,
I have already sent u the report after receiving ur mail..
I tried pasting it here, but the tables and the formatting gets screwed..cant read it properly...

Subu's the man! If he can't unscrew it, nobody will Wink! But we won't give up hope. If he needs help, we're there!

-------------

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 4:39pm
Yes, excel, ppt, word ....these are the apps I am really good at. Smile
I have got Neeraj's doc (thanks Neeraj).... i'll put it up here later today.

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 11:55pm
I shared Neeraj's doc at http://www.megashare.com/1020348 - http://www.megashare.com/1020348 .

Neeraj,kindly let me know if this leads to any copyright issues.

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by subu76

I shared Neeraj's doc at http://www.megashare.com/1020348 - http://www.megashare.com/1020348 .

Neeraj,kindly let me know if this leads to any copyright issues.

Thx! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 12:58pm
No issues at all boss... its a dated report...our client has already acted on it at that ime only...so no problem..
just hope it was helpful...

-------------
Regards
Neeraj Marathe

Date Posted: 05/Jun/2009 at 2:04am
Thanks Neeraj. This was quite an insightful document.

The recent run up of Hawkins stocks though is making it expensive vis a vis Prestige. Also, given that Prestige has a higher raw material expense i think the cooling down will have a bigger impact on it.

Having said that...the promoters are repulsive.

Date Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 9:11am

Rusabh Sir...a few more questions.

1. Any idea about imports from China? Why is China a threat when it comes to export market but not a threat in India itself? (as per Annual Reports)

2. Also, about local brands. TTK Prestige guys say that the market is divided 50:50 between establised branded players (read Hawkins and TTK) and regional and unbranded players and the market share of the latter is going up.

3. Also, any comparison between TTK Prestige and Hawkins? How do they treat there dealers, who is more desperate to push numbers etc etc. Any general comments about ethics.... (though sales careers is not for gentle souls Smile)

The sales will undoubtedly grow and the profit and operating margins will reflect immense growth as well. This wud happen as a result of the slashing of steel prices in the period between december to march and this has come as a benefit to this company in the form of acquiring cheap raw materials and its material cost has declined drastically resulting into higher profit and operating margins.

I was going through their Annual report( they sent that to me quite fast upon my request) for the Year ended 31.03.2008 and noticed a fgew things:

1.They tried to advertise their financials. Infact, their top cover was nothing short of an advertisement of their financial performace.

2.The word "China" was nowhere to be seen. So, I dont know how you got this clue about import threat from China....must be from TTK Prestige's Annual report.

3.Balance Sheet and P/L are simply spectacular. The borrowings which we are seeing, and that also is insignificant, is nothing but forced borrowings. A very major part of this borrowings is Deposit from Directors and shreholders. Just goes on to show the faith the directors and shareholders have in their company.

4.Low capacity utilisation is both a boon and a bane, depending upon how you look at it. Surely, it pulls down the Return on Assets ratios, but it also implies that capex wont be sufficient in the coming years.

Barring point number 1, and that in my opinion is quite ignorable, for a company has the rights to do so, if its true and fair. By increasing the dividends by 100 p.c. this year, they have proven their intentions.

Seems an investor delight, from whatever angle you may look at it!!!!!

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 10:14am
Yes true....the China clue was from the TTK report.  But it seems that they played up the China factor a bit. 

Also, Vivek how did you ask them to send the annual report? it is via mail?

Date Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 10:47am
Yes, through e-mail.

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 10:56am
Another positive which I saw was that they made no presentation to institutional investors. Although many people view it as a negative, I think it to be very positive. This just shows:

1. The company does justice to small shareholders by sharing information equally.
2.They dont have any fund raising plans, and thereby equity dilution plans.
3.This also limits brokerage coverage.
4.The company doesnt intend to force people into noticing it.

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 12:08pm
Hi Vivek, don't you think it's too small a firm to be on the radar of institutions? After all it's just a 150 cr company (and that too after the recent run up)

Offcourse, TTK does make presentations....they have a lot more visibility due to the RJ factor 

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 1:12pm

Hi Vivek, don't you think it's too small a firm to be on the radar of institutions? After all it's just a 150 cr company (and that too after the recent run up)

Offcourse, TTK does make presentations....they have a lot more visibility due to the RJ factor 

All these are positives.....BTW, how does RJ increase the visibility? People may become more convinced, alright....but that doesnt affect visibility.

Actually, investment decisions should always be independent. Whether RJ is there or not, should be of little consequence.

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 3:34pm
True.....just that RJ's presence makes institutions more curious to snoop around.

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 4:33pm

True.....just that RJ's presence makes institutions more curious to snoop around.

Do you really think that's true? I know he gets a lot of indirect mention in the "heard on the street" section in ET but to me that's a negative.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 5:33pm

Sure....a lot of MF guys are his chelas.....and why not.

Where are you Graham quotes for the day?

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 6:14pm

Sure....a lot of MF guys are his chelas.....and why not.

Where are you Graham quotes for the day?

Right now I'm in a dry patch (& it's Sunday)!

-------------

Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 7:27pm
Ok...NP....let me try my hand.

Posted By: subodhp
Date Posted: 07/Jun/2009 at 10:15am

Labour related: Wage costs are now about 13-14% of sales. This apart there are outsourcing costs ( around 10 cr for Mar 08). Would anyone have a breakup of these wage costs ( 26 cr in Mar 08) in terms of direct ( production oriented) and indirect ( distribution oriented), as well as break up in terms of numbers

Date Posted: 12/Jun/2009 at 11:41am
It is a good defensive play but I am not sure whether it can increase earnings at any significant rate from hereon. Now the net margins are close to 10% which in this kind of business are absolutely fantastic.

Since there is no interaction with the management, no idea about their views, this is my personal view..

Also just to remember that the company made a loss in 2001-02 and thereafter probably learnt the lessons and innovated and then have not looked back.

However I am still add some more and then see..Unless the performance deteriorate significantly it will holdup quite well in this circumstance also. Also if the performance is good, we can be sure that there would be increase in dividend payout next year. so we can take midcourse correction, if required.

Date Posted: 12/Jul/2009 at 12:42pm
Saw the balance sheet of Hawkins today - as usual clear financials and strong balance sheet with no flab nothing. On 160 cr market cap, 14-15 cr is cash. In the last 5 years while sales have doubled the net profit has grown by more than 6 times..

Also management is quite optimistic and infact states that they are having more demand than they can service. Company is quite conservative in its accounting and that is good for small investors. they also think that industry is growing at 7% and hence we can expect that hawkins can grows better than industry since they are No 1 in this category.

Looks set for 12-15% growth and corresponding increase in profits..

Date Posted: 15/Jul/2009 at 7:01pm

Saw the balance sheet of Hawkins today - as usual clear financials and strong balance sheet with no flab nothing. On 160 cr market cap, 14-15 cr is cash. In the last 5 years while sales have doubled the net profit has grown by more than 6 times..

Also management is quite optimistic and infact states that they are having more demand than they can service. Company is quite conservative in its accounting and that is good for small investors. they also think that industry is growing at 7% and hence we can expect that hawkins can grows better than industry since they are No 1 in this category.

Looks set for 12-15% growth and corresponding increase in profits..

I got my copies today. The thickness of the Annual report was an element of surprise. A totally no-nonsense kind of an annual report.

They did sound optimistic.....there was no indication of recession/slowdown/downturn in their language.

Also, the debt on the balance sheet is not required at all. Its only in the nature of fixed deposits from directors and shareholders. The company has adequate cash to repay the fixed assets anytime as per the balance sheet.

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Posted By: shadows
Date Posted: 15/Jul/2009 at 7:18pm
Vivek jee how to get these copies. are thay distribute thair annual results to all shareholders

Date Posted: 31/Jul/2009 at 8:27pm
What about this:

http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults300609.html - http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults300609.html

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Posted By: hit2710
Date Posted: 31/Jul/2009 at 11:37pm

What about this:

http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults300609.html - http://hawkinscookers.com/coresults300609.html

IF YOU LOOK CAREFULLY, HAWKINS RESULTS ARE MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT IS SEEN BECAUSE LAST YEAR THERE WAS AN OTHER INCOME COMPONENT MUCH HIGHER THAN CURRENT QUARTER AND HENCE GROWTH IN THIS QUARTER'S PROFIT VIS A VIS SAME QUARTER LAST YEAR IS MORE THAN DOUBLE.

IF WE COMPARE BOTH THE STOCKS HAWKINS HAS OBVIOUSLY THE BETTER MARGINS THOUGH LOWER TOTAL SALES. TTK CAN DO WITH SOME IMPROVEMENT IN MARGINS.

-------------
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.

Posted By: gopinathpc
Date Posted: 02/Aug/2009 at 11:50am
Yes Hawkins has over 6% yield and it's PE is slightly
above avg for it's industry. Castrol is a good company
but it's yield is just over 2%.
Thanks for the suggestions

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by gopinathpc

Yes Hawkins has over 6% yield and it's PE is slightly
above avg for it's industry. Castrol is a good company
but it's yield is just over 2%.
Thanks for the suggestions

Castrol's yield is just over 2 p.c.......but how????

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Posted By: tigershark
Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 2:34pm
the cooker has explodedCryClap

-------------
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things

Posted By: Ashutosh
Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 3:15pm

yeah,

The cooker gave several seaty at 2.20 PM, 3.00 PM  and now its 3.50 PM .....that a nice food is cooking.

PS: time represents several price points like 220

-------------
My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 4:30pm

Rapid riser...today the results have created a hungama...

Let there be a market correction tomorrow and you'll not be able to believe the price you'll get this beauty at....

And if nothing of that sort happens...hey you've got 20% to bank on. Smile

Subu, if you plot Hawkins versus the Nifty or Sensex, I have a hunch there's very little correlation. So the chances of picking up this puppy due to a market correction are slim.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 4:50pm
Yup...that's what i noticed....

But hope for a better price is what keeps us ticking is'nt it? Smile

Surely you don't want to jump into the melee when buyers are really euphoric

Posted By: rapidriser
Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 11:23pm

Yup...that's what i noticed....

But hope for a better price is what keeps us ticking is'nt it? Smile

Surely you don't want to jump into the melee when buyers are really euphoric

I am wondering if their latest results can be sustained. Performance is almost too good to be true.

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 2:08am
It may not be this blistering.....but as it's revenues grow profits will probabily grow at a much faster clip as they are not spending a lot for this growth.....atleast so far. That is what i found very very attractive about this non cyclical company

The growth in profit margin tends to produce dramatic results....last year the margin moved from 5.2% to 7.5%. Imagine a 44% gain in Profit just from margin expansion....isn't this amazing...

Unfortunately...the stock may get screwed if MFs start buying.....

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 9:05am
Does anyone know their installed capaicty and what are they working at. Their financials do not show any significant capex.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 9:16am
Yup, actually i have these numbers by heart. 

Their installed capacity in cookers is about 3 times their current production.... (hence the low costs)

They have roughly 2 cr capex per year. That explains the increased margins. They also do some outsourcing.

This year though they plan to spend 7 cr...I am intrigued to see how they spend it...but they just collected 10 cr in the bank...so money is easily available....it does not impact the payout...

I donno what the managment meant when they said they are not being able to keep up to demand...because all said and done this is not a fast grower...it's a margin improveent story....

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 11:00am

Yup, actually i have these numbers by heart. 

Their installed capacity in cookers is about 3 times their current production.... (hence the low costs)

They have roughly 2 cr capex per year. That explains the increased margins. They also do some outsourcing.

This year though they plan to spend 7 cr...I am intrigued to see how they spend it...but they just collected 10 cr in the bank...so money is easily available....it does not impact the payout...

I donno what the managment meant when they said they are not being able to keep up to demand...because all said and done this is not a fast grower...it's a margin improveent story....

The biggest driver for this company is nuclearisation of families. Another positive going for it is the rising aspiration of the masses. Yet the biggest positive for this company has been falling aluminium prices.

Now, dont get stumbled by seeing aluminium prices moving northwards. Companies actually make money during the period of rising RM prices. All in all, Hawkins at the moment has only positives to deal with.

-------------
Jai Guru!!!

Date Posted: 03/Aug/2009 at 11:43am

Strangely these guys managed to check raw material costs at 44% even during peak prices........This quarter falling prices really helped......

The other surprise for me is that TTK uses a lot more raw material as a % of sales than Hawkins...not sure what explains that

Posted By: praveen
Date Posted: 04/Aug/2009 at 2:22pm

Strangely these guys managed to check raw material costs at 44% even during peak prices........This quarter falling prices really helped......

The other surprise for me is that TTK uses a lot more raw material as a % of sales than Hawkins...not sure what explains that

If you mean sales revenue then one simple explaination maybe that Hawkins may have some pricing power (expensive products) compared to TTK.

However if you are talking sales in quantity terms then I don't know.

-------------
The quest for knowledge is a never ending Journey

Date Posted: 04/Aug/2009 at 4:01pm
I'll check again...but the average per unit prices of TTK and Hawkins is almost same....last time i checked...

I guess the key is also in product mix.

Posted By: prabhakarkudva
Date Posted: 06/Aug/2009 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by rapidriser

Originally posted by Mohan

SOmeone other than you has started buying this one.

hehehe........no clue about that!!!!

Hawkins has jumped to 370+ today from its Friday close of 320. Cry 

I had managed to buy only 20% of my targetted quantity and now this happens. Angry

Dear Rapidriser ,

I sometime dont understand the reasoning above.Did you buy hawkins at 320 just for a 15-20% profit.If it was good at 320 ,it should still be good at 370.Also would one not have "averaged" if it went down 15-20%.Why dont people consistently average on both the sides?

There are so many instances where we are about to buy some stock and next day its up 10% and we think,damn  i missed the oppurtunity.In the next few days the stock goes up another 20-30% and we just end up watching.

Dont fall prey to anchoring yourself to a price.

-------------
Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.

Posted By: rapidriser
Date Posted: 06/Aug/2009 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by prabhakarkudva

Dear Rapidriser ,

I sometime dont understand the reasoning above.Did you buy hawkins at 320 just for a 15-20% profit.If it was good at 320 ,it should still be good at 370.Also would one not have "averaged" if it went down 15-20%.Why dont people consistently average on both the sides?

There are so many instances where we are about to buy some stock and next day its up 10% and we think,damn  i missed the oppurtunity.In the next few days the stock goes up another 20-30% and we just end up watching.

Dont fall prey to anchoring yourself to a price.

I decided to buy the stock when it was at Rs.300 levels and was steadily accumulating it. It announced its quarterly results after Friday closing and jumped 15% on Monday opening. I was lamenting the fact that I could have bought it at a much lower price, if only I had bought it at one go instead of trying to average it out over some time.

And yes, as you mentioned, it has jumped to 400+ even as I was crying about the missed opportunity. Embarrassed

Print Page | Close Window