Print Page | Close Window

Which car to buy?

Printed From: The Equity Desk
Category: Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems
Forum Name: Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
Forum Discription: Narrate experiences, news, events that are changing our lifestyle, environment nature, attitude and behaviour. Suggest methods to cope up with this change.
URL: http://www.theequitydesk.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1287
Printed Date: 25/Jun/2024 at 10:22am

Topic: Which car to buy?
Posted By: us121
Subject: Which car to buy?
Date Posted: 12/Oct/2007 at 9:52am
Dear Tyler/Prosperity,

i need your help.
i am looking for changing my existing honda city car.
requirements are:
1. moderate capex (say 5 to 7 lacs), optimum opex: including both mileage and maintenance cost.
2. good for taking family of 5 on long tour. therefore should have comfortable 3 persons sitting on the back and reasonable boot space
3. i am  not very much model concious. i.e. no craze for latest models
4. reasobly good resale value at the end of about 3 yrs
5. not worried too much about cc and bhp as far as it delivers all normal needs
6. running expected to be 2500 to 3000 kms/ month

my observation so far is:
1. i am happy with current honda city. however, due to certain policies of company, buying new car will be an advantage. i do not intend to keep two cars. therefore will be selling current honda city
2. i studied verna. mileage is just 10/11 km per liter in city
3. looked sat maruti sx4. mileage is almost same as above. however biggest issue is the back seat is truly designed for two persons only. travelling with 3rd person sitting in the middle seat is going to be a big pain for him/her. i wonder how, maruti has not thought of atleast providing option of normal seat to accomodate normal indian's requirement
4. looking at Accent and Esteem also. but not gathered much info.

Would like to have your view.

Welcome help/suggestions/ comments from other TEDs also.

Kulmanji: i am seeking serious help. therefore don't make fun of my request!!!!!!!

-------------
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top

Replies:
Posted By: kulman
Date Posted: 12/Oct/2007 at 10:13am
Us121.....

Shocked ha ha ha ha!!! You remind me of my closest friend who also says this to me many times. (Don't know why!?)

Ok Sir, Let's have a deal....I will refrain from making any comments on this on a condition that you would take me for a ride (literally!) to Vishalla during my next visit to Amdavad!!!

By the way, is that Drive-In theatre still there?

-------------
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards

Date Posted: 12/Oct/2007 at 10:25am
Originally posted by kulman

Us121.....

Shocked ha ha ha ha!!! You remind me of my closest friend who also says this to me many times. (Don't know why!?)

This is one indication that we have entered in the inner cirlce of Kulmanji.Wink

Ok Sir, Let's have a deal....I will refrain from making any comments on this on a condition that you would take me for a ride (literally!) to Vishalla during my next visit to Amdavad!!!

Certainly Sir. Dinner at Vishala and will also offer lunch at AGASHIYE (thali at heritage restaurant opened few yrs back)

By the way, is that Drive-In theatre still there?

Yes, very much. But we hear rumour every year about it being sold out and new complex coming up in its place. Please hurry up, after Agashiye and Vishala we can enjoy movie in late show at Drive In.

Navaratri is also ON. So you may just book your tickets and we will be there with our Basanti (honda City) to take you around.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/Oct/2007 at 10:32am

Thanks Sir. I would try to make it at the earliest available opportunity.

-------------

Posted By: prosperity
Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 1:03pm
us121,

The best advice you can get on this - in my view - is from CNBC TV18 show "AUTO SHOW" - They have an email-id on which you can send an email and they would take up your query on the show and reply to your email !

Hormazd Sorabjee, editor Autocar India - answers these queries perfectly on the show "AUTO SHOW"

I dont remember the email id ... but i searched for it on the web and found the show timings !

Search for "Auto" on these links .... BTW, you can look at other pics also EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
http://cnbc-tv18.moneycontrol.com/cnbctv18/shows.php - http://cnbc-tv18.moneycontrol.com/cnbctv18/shows.php
http://www.moneycontrol.com/cnbc/print.php - http://www.moneycontrol.com/cnbc/print.php

Originally posted by us121

Dear Tyler/Prosperity,
i need your help.
requirements are:

Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 1:09pm
Search for "Auto" on these links .... BTW, you can look at other pics also...

------------------------------------

Prosperity Sir

If you don't mind....which cap are you wearing now...shareholder-walla or consumer-walla?

-------------

Posted By: prosperity
Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 1:11pm

I am wearing both caps Wink per baar baar tum sab yeh poonch ker mujhe topi (cap) mat pahnaoo  Pinch

Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 1:15pm
LOL ha ha ha LOL

okay okay...Sir.

-------------

Posted By: smartcat
Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 11:32pm

Who's paying for the fuel? If it is going from your pocket, you should opt for a diesel car - because 3000 km/month is quite a lot. Else, stick to petrol.

If you are opting for a diesel car, give the Ford Fiesta diesel a try. Else, have some fun and go for the 1.6L Ford Fiesta petrol. If you are not really 'model conscious', as you put it, you should test drive the Mahindra Logan (petrol and diesel). I think it fits all your requirements - but not sure if it will have a good resale value.

Disclosure: I own M&M stock.

Posted By: tyler_durden
Date Posted: 13/Oct/2007 at 11:13am

Dear Tyler/Prosperity,

i need your help.
requirements are:
1. moderate capex (say 5 to 7 lacs), optimum opex: including both mileage and maintenance cost.
2. good for taking family of 5 on long tour. therefore should have comfortable 3 persons sitting on the back and reasonable boot space
3. i am  not very much model concious. i.e. no craze for latest models
4. reasobly good resale value at the end of about 3 yrs
5. not worried too much about cc and bhp as far as it delivers all normal needs
6. running expected to be 2500 to 3000 kms/ month

my observation so far is:
1. i am happy with current honda city. however, due to certain policies of company, buying new car will be an advantage. i do not intend to keep two cars. therefore will be selling current honda city
2. i studied verna. mileage is just 10/11 km per liter in city
3. looked sat maruti sx4. mileage is almost same as above. however biggest issue is the back seat is truly designed for two persons only. travelling with 3rd person sitting in the middle seat is going to be a big pain for him/her. i wonder how, maruti has not thought of atleast providing option of normal seat to accomodate normal indian's requirement
4. looking at Accent and Esteem also. but not gathered much info.

Would like to have your view.

Welcome help/suggestions/ comments from other TEDs also.

Kulmanji: i am seeking serious help. therefore don't make fun of my request!!!!!!!

sorry for not replying earlier....given your budget you can buy:

1. SX4 - greatstyle, great driveabilty, good after sales but not a value for money sort of buy...not great for 5 people...and maruti designed this by keeping 4people in mind...even if you see audi's latest offering even it has no space for 5th person ...
2. Verna--only good if you buy diesel version...and that too for power only...not a greatcar to buy given your criterion
3. City --- if you are not bored driving this for past few years then this remains one of the best buy in this segment
4. Ford Fiesta -dIESEL-- undoubtedly the best....best value for your money....diesel + 25kmpl so lower fuel costs...boot space is good...performance is great...ideal for 5 on a long drive....
5. esteem, logan, indigo --- will be on lower side of your budget....not advisable....

moreover esteem is soon going to be phased out.....swift sedan is going tobe launched....if you can wait then have a look at it....

6.aVEO --- ANOTHER good carin this segment and a latest one.....

so test drive Fiesta and Aveo and then choose anyone from city, aveo or fiesta.....

Comapre all the models against each other on this link...hope it helps you

http://www.carwale.com/Research/CompareSegmentCars-1163-3-Maruti_SX4_ZXi.html - http://www.carwale.com/Research/CompareSegmentCars-1163-3-Maruti_SX4_ZXi.html

-------------
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:11pm
Thanks Tyler Saab/smartcat ji for details.
Y'day i had test drive of Verna and Corolla.
And believe me... the first thought came to my mind why not repeat Honda City. (I appreciate your comments as is exactly what was going through my mind)

Yes petrol, maintenance by self.

i will take test drive of fiesta as suggested by both of you before closing the deal.

BTW when is swift sedan likely to be launched? and will it be comfort for five pax or again like SX4?

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:44pm
It is sacrilegious to buy the same car again. Like stocks, you should never get 'married' to a car.

Isn't the Corolla price over your original 'capex' plans? If you are looking at the Corolla, your choices expand to Optra, Octavia, Elantra and the Civic.

Elantra looks weird. Optra has a rock-hard middle seat. So it is between the Octavia, Civic and Corolla. The engine and gearshift of the Octavia is brilliant, but it might be slightly over the budget. Do you mind buying a used car?

Since the company is footing the bill, buying a used Octavia might be a good idea. It has a good resale value and gives good mileage - ideal for 3000 km/month user.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:52pm

Thanks Tyler Saab/smartcat ji for details.
Y'day i had test drive of Verna and Corolla.
And believe me... the first thought came to my mind why not repeat Honda City. (I appreciate your comments as is exactly what was going through my mind)

Yes petrol, maintenance by self.

i will take test drive of fiesta as suggested by both of you before closing the deal.

BTW when is swift sedan likely to be launched? and will it be comfort for five pax or again like SX4?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. verna is useless...believe me ..if you love fast pick up then its good else its not at all value for money....so good decision that you discarded it....

2. corolla wont fit into your budget of 7 lacs....if youtest drove corolla then do try Optra magnum....its too good...really greatcar in this segment....

3. swift sedan is under testing phase and might be launched in 2 -3 months if all goes well.....this sedan will be fit for 5 people....and to me this looks good....actually i dont like the posterior of swift...it looks more like anout of shape woman....but sedan version is beautifullycarved out car...rest beauty lies is the eyes of the beholderWink...its will be a bit costlier than esteem and at a lower price than SX4....

4. city will surely give you loyality bonus if you stick to honda...

5. do try Fiesta and Aveo before you make any decision.....

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:54pm

Anyone willing to buya car with a budget of 3 lacs or so...must try Spark now...they re giving 40000 discount on all variants for 100 years of GM ..... you will get a world class compact carat 2.99 lacs....its a steal ...

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:55pm
Tyler, can't you sneak in your cellphone somehow and take a snap of the swift sedan? Have they stretched the wheelbase? Is there an improvement in the legroom over the Swift?

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 12:56pm
Toyota basic model is about 1.35Lacs more than city.
This is the likely reason not to go for it.

Also i am little keen on new car than the used one.

Company will foot the bill but with an arrangment of EMI deduction from salary. So the additional stroke will be in installments not upfront.

i looked at Civic but again cost is main hindrant.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:01pm
EMI deduction from salary - nice scam. Go for the new diesel Octavia. You will have to eat a bit less everyday, but it will be worth it.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by smartcat

Tyler, can't you sneak in your cellphone somehow and take a snap of the swift sedan? Have they stretched the wheelbase? Is there an improvement in the legroom over the Swift?

smartcat ji maine prototype dekha tha when i was in maruti...now i have left maruti...and wat you say is very much possible...but risky....if caught one can be suspended....

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:03pm
any how for TEDies...here is the pic of swift sedan
http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/suzuki/627118.jpg - http://hvtm.totalcar.hu/car/m/suzuki/627118.jpg

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:06pm
Looks like somebody is having fun with Photoshop.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:06pm

Toyota basic model is about 1.35Lacs more than city.
This is the likely reason not to go for it.

Also i am little keen on new car than the used one.

Company will foot the bill but with an arrangment of EMI deduction from salary. So the additional stroke will be in installments not upfront.

i looked at Civic but again cost is main hindrant.

-----------------------------------------------

civic is perfect 10....but in your budget its not possible thats why i didn't mentioned it....

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:07pm

Looks like somebody is having fun with Photoshop.
--------------------------------------------------

it looks pretty much like this........and is lookin good....actually its the strategy to leak the pics before the launch of car to prevent some people from buying competitor's car.....

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:08pm

You will have to eat a bit less everyday, but it will be worth it.

May be with reduced weight it will give better mileage as well !!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 1:47pm
Dear Tylerji,
from Carwale i could find following details on mileage of honda city v/s fiesta diesel..

Fuel Economy Honda City ZX GXi Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi TDCi
Mileage (Highway) km/liter 17.3 18.8
Mileage (City) km/liter 11.7 13.9
Mileage (Overall) km/liter 12.8 14.9

here they show mileage only around 18.8 kmpl v/s 17.3 of city petrol.

you mentioned 25kmpl for fiesta diesel.

any further idea for correct kmpl?

-------------

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 6:12pm
It is rumoured that because of this discussion by you Car-sevaks, Crude Oil futures on NYMEX has hit an all time high of US$ 84 per barrel.

-------------

Posted By: nil5624
Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 7:43pm
HYUNDAI LAUNCHING NEW CAR???/Disapprove

IF YES WHEN?I HAV HEARD TILL  OR AROUND THEY R GOING TO LAUNCH A CAR NAMED CODE PA AND SANTRO WILL BE CLOSED DOWN??
IF ITS TRUE KINDLY GIVE DETAILS

-------------
PLZ READ THE OFFER DOCUMENT B4 INVESTING.

Posted By: patnitin
Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 8:34pm
Yes I read it in Economic times acouple of days ago.It would be in November probably.
The car would be priced at about 4 lakh range and would reduce prices of santro.

Posted By: anthro
Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 8:54pm

Would anyone have comments on the Scorpio Diesel please - on mileage,driving comfort,maintenance and also resale value ?

-------------

Posted By: prashantmohta
Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 9:34pm
i saw add. of FIRST CHOICE in todays cricket match.do they also have branch in kolkata.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 11:16pm
here they show mileage only around 18.8 kmpl v/s 17.3 of city petrol. you mentioned 25kmpl for fiesta diesel. any further idea for correct kmpl?

If you drive the Fiesta diesel at a steady 70 km/hr at 2000 rpm in the 5th gear with the AC off, then you'll get 25 km/litre. If you drive normally like you do on the highways, you should get around 18.

Scorpio Diesel please - on mileage,driving comfort,maintenance and also resale value ?

Wait for the 140 BHP version - coming out soon.

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 11:50pm
It is rumoured that because of this discussion by you Car-sevaks, Crude Oil futures on NYMEX has hit an all time high of US$ 84 per barrel. 

I do agree that when TEDdies buy a Logan or Scorpio, my M&M stock goes up. When they burn fuel, my 3 oil companies earn more. And when these vehicles choke our streets, they'll buy overpriced DLF property  in the outskirts. They will probably take a car loan for Kotak Bank and insurance from Reliance Capital. After getting stuck in a traffic jam (thanks to the under-construction flyover built by Punj Loyd), they'll come home to watch 'News on The Loose' on TV18 to unwind.

But I'm innocent. I only have their best interests in mind.

Posted By: xbox
Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 5:31am
But I'm innocent. I only have their best interests in mind.
--------------
Some of the best biased but still-innocent-looking statement. Kaha se sekha, SmartCat jee ?

Date Posted: 14/Oct/2007 at 11:59am

Dear Tylerji,
from Carwale i could find following details on mileage of honda city v/s fiesta diesel..

Fuel Economy Honda City ZX GXi Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi TDCi
Mileage (Highway) km/liter 17.3 18.8
Mileage (City) km/liter 11.7 13.9
Mileage (Overall) km/liter 12.8 14.9

here they show mileage only around 18.8 kmpl v/s 17.3 of city petrol.

you mentioned 25kmpl for fiesta diesel.

any further idea for correct kmpl?

In autocar magazine i read that on highways Fiesta can give 25 kmpl .... and in city conditions diesel giving you 18+ mileage is good...city will give 17 on petrol... +++ fiesta s engine is more powerful than that of city gxi....if you will go for power in city then fuel economy will go down....

-------------

Date Posted: 15/Oct/2007 at 12:02pm
ESTEEEM TO BE PHASED OUT IN DECEMBER...SWIFT SEDAN WILL BE LAUNCHED IN DECEMBER OR JANUARY.......

SO THOSE WHO WANT NEW MODEL CAN WAIT...AND THOSE PLANNING TO BUY ESTEEM SHUD ALSO WAIT BECAUSE ESTEEM WILL ATTRACT HUGE HUGE DISCOUNTS IN DECEMBER....I HAVE HEARD TO THE TUNE OF 50-60000 RS

-------------

Date Posted: 15/Oct/2007 at 5:56am
Why buy ? get it for http://www.livemint.com/2007/10/16023819/Book-a-flat-get-a-car-for-fre.html - free (no kidding).

Date Posted: 16/Oct/2007 at 12:12pm
A classic marketing gimmick. Increase the price of the apartment by Rs. 5 Lacs and then charge Rs. 2 lacs for the parking space. And then you give away SX4 for free!

Posted By: deveshkayal
Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 12:12pm
If anyone is a serious CNBC anchors fan, then fyi, Shareen and Renuka Kirplani both drives Scorpio...I too think its the best for a long drive.

-------------
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett

Posted By: basant
Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 12:20pm
Lomg drive with the anchors or just with the car!

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 12:32pm
I don't like it when you give tough choices like this.

Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by basant

Lomg drive with the anchors or just with the car!

with anchors in the car....kulman ji kahan hain?? how come he is not here with his expert comments Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 3:01pm
Kulmanji is busy picking up his favourite stocks that is what he told me over phone.

-------------
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in

Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 3:02pm
Tyler babu

I've been made to work as a driver. Just looking in the rear-view mirror!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17/Oct/2007 at 4:38pm
just watching live action??..

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 11:04pm
Dear All,
-Yesterday i closed my decision with purchase of Wagon R Duo (petrol and LPG)
-during the process of deciding the car, i almost ended up with decision of purchasing the hond city again.
- then i started thinking with other alternates, that if i go for the same car type again then why not to retain the same old honda city, which i had maintained nicely for last 3 yrs. this car was on company's name and i had an option of purchasing at WDV (written down value). this costted me around 3.2 Lacs
-with my remaining 4 lacs (from my original budget of 7/8 lacs-purchase price of old honda city)  i went on with purchasing additional small car, with an option of efficient fuel LPG.
-New car is under company (employer) finance and therefore will get all the benefits of tax on payments of emi/fuel and maintenance. loan is for 2yrs only. practically i will pay in installments for two years with interest burden getting offset by tax benefit.

THANKS TO ALL THE TEDies for suggestions/ help extended by them.

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 11:10pm
Congrats on your new car!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 11:21pm

Congrats! How does the car drive in LPG mode?

And if you ever run out of cooking gas at home, you know what to do! Geek

Posted By: omshivaya
Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 11:21pm
Congrats sir jee.

-------------
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 11:24pm
Thank You, Basantji.

Aapse thoda dar lag raha tha ki dusri car (depreciating asset) kharidne pe aap dantege!!!!!
Aap ka reply padhke thoda shanti hua.........

But any way, at times in the life priority changes.

Now one car is reserved when Kulamanji comes here for charing Ahemedabad summit and when we need to take him to his old favourite VISHALA/ DRIVE IN THEATER and so on.....

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 7:23am

Thank You, Basantji.

Aapse thoda dar lag raha tha ki dusri car (depreciating asset) kharidne pe aap dantege!!!!!
Aap ka reply padhke thoda shanti hua.........

But any way, at times in the life priority changes.

Ha! Ha! Depreciating assets. It all depends on our needs and requirements - nature of the asset is not enough.Smile

-------------

Posted By: BubbleVision
Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 8:53am

Congrats for the new car US121!

Btw, I can also drop in at Ahemadabad! ;-)  My father was there for 8 years in 1980’s, and I spent very early part of my life in that city. Not that I remember anything. My brother only remembers that he fell from a terrace chasing a KITE and got hurt very badly, when he was 3 and I was one.

-------------
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 9:14am

Oh! These aren't sweet memories by any chance!

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 9:20am

Oh wow! Us121, congrats!! And many thanks for that open invitation.

Amdavad is now high on my travel agenda & shall let you know....

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 9:48am

Oh! These aren't sweet memories by any chance!

Yes, these are great memories. Know what, when my bro was at doctor, he was NOT crying, inspite of a deep cut in the head. When the Doc was curious to know why, my bro said “Mard ko dard nahin hota” (at age 3), that famous dialog from the AB Movie “Mard”. This is absolutely true! The Doc was shocked! Tongue

-------------
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 10:12am

That is incredible. A few years later he could have told the Doctor "Rishte mei toh hum tumhare Baap lagte hai ...."Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 24/Nov/2007 at 10:15am
HAHAHA.....I will make him read this!

-------------

Date Posted: 25/Nov/2007 at 3:58pm
Thanks Kulmanji, for keeping Ahmaedabad on your radar.
Now u may also have company from one more ex-Ahmedabadi Bubbleji.

Bubbleji, i really admire the spirit of your brother at that age of 3.

But the fun of kite flying here especially in UTTARAYAN is such that u forget your all pains.

-------------

Date Posted: 25/Nov/2007 at 4:25am
Originally posted by BubbleVision

Yes, these are great memories. Know what, when my bro was at doctor, he was NOT crying, inspite of a deep cut in the head. When the Doc was curious to know why, my bro said “Mard ko dard nahin hota” (at age 3), that famous dialog from the AB Movie “Mard”. This is absolutely true! The Doc was shocked! Tongue
Can resist sharing this one.....
Once me (3) & my elder brother (6), went to near by orchard and then my brother asked me to stand near to mango tree (on the same tree he want to pluck mangos by throwing stones Ouch) Obviously one stone while falling hit my head an I was bleeding. My brother threated me so I stopped crying and we went back to home. At home when my mother asked what happened, I was put this word in my mouth .....'mmumy, chalte chalte jameen pe gir gaya tha'. Cry

-------------
Don't bet on pig after all bull & bear in circle.

Date Posted: 25/Nov/2007 at 7:57am
So you did not watch a lot of movies those days!

-------------

Date Posted: 25/Nov/2007 at 8:24am

So you did not watch a lot of movies those days!
I watched Sholey for first time when I was 22 but now a days I am trying to improve my Filmy-IQ.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Nov/2007 at 3:15pm

X-Box, I guess that your bro was clever and mine was brave! 

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Nov/2007 at 5:33pm
I am told that clever people are not necessarily brave - at least in the markets!

-------------

Date Posted: 26/Nov/2007 at 6:16pm

Absolutely correct BasantJi! I am always fearful and paniki……

I go by the quote “IF you are going to panic, then panicking early is the far better option! Panicking late is a recipe for disaster in the Financial markets!”  

-------------

Posted By: deveshkayal
Date Posted: 26/Nov/2007 at 6:40pm
IF you are going to panic, then panicking early is the far better option! Panicking late is a recipe for disaster in the Financial markets
------------------------------------------------
Clap Good one !

-------------
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett

Date Posted: 26/Nov/2007 at 4:34am
Originally posted by BubbleVision

X-Box, I guess that your bro was clever and mine was brave! 

Right Bubble jee, clever man do trading and ??? do investing.
He owns RNRL, RPL, PowerGrid, Jindal drilling, Shiv vani, BAG Films, NTPC. He thinks that oil will go up up & up so oil/energy related stocks.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Jan/2008 at 4:00pm

My friend exchanged his old Indica V2 with a new Tata Indica Turbo. And I test drove the turbo version for a few kms.

There is a big difference in the way the old and new Indica drives. Driving in the city with AC on, in just the 2nd gear, is possible now. The engine is noisy at start, but as the car starts moving, you hardly hear the engine, especially with the windows rolled up.

Also, post 2000 RPM, the turbo spools up and the car goes like a Boeing Jet ready to take off. It takes some time to get used to the turbo power.

But, new Indica V3 is coming soon, in another 6 months. This is a totally new car, built from scratch. So if anybody is looking to buy a diesel small car, they can either go for Maruti Suzuki Swift Diesel now or wait for the launch of the new Indica.

Me recently buying Tata Motors stock has nothing to do with the above glowing review of Indica diesel. Geek

Date Posted: 02/Jan/2008 at 4:55pm
swift diesel is costly compared to indica diesel....but swift diesel is class part.....

now santro crdi will be launched and am sure it wud be a hit

-------------

Date Posted: 02/Jan/2008 at 4:59pm
True. Swift & Indica diesel should not be compared to eachother.

Another diesel small car available to buyers from next month would be Skoda Fabia.
http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/ - http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/

They are positioning this as a luxury small car. It has the features mostly available in big cars like Octavia in a small car. But it costs 7 lakhs ex-showroom.

Posted By: tigershark
Date Posted: 02/Jan/2008 at 8:01pm
prospective car buyers who do not mind their capital depriciating should wait for the FABIA

-------------
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things

Date Posted: 06/Jun/2008 at 6:18pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7431881.stm - Exclusive look at the Tata Nano (Video)

The more I read about it, the more I like it. I am seriously considering buying one after it is launched and using it in the city. All it needs to make it a usable car is a MP3 player and a big amplifier & sub-woofer.

Posted By: paragdesai
Date Posted: 10/Jul/2008 at 3:27pm
http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=1&subLeft=2&chklogin=Y&autono=326157&tab=r -
How to bury our vehicles?

Date Posted: 10/Jul/2008 at 7:18pm

my decision with purchase of Wagon R Duo (petrol and LPG)

us121, how's the performance of your car so far?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window