Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Portfolio Check Up
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Portfolio Check Up
Message Icon Topic: rajesh portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
raj261178

Online Status: Offline
Quote raj261178 Replybullet Topic: rajesh portfolio
    Posted: 21/Jun/2009 at 7:07pm
Hi,
  I have been reading equitydesk for around a year now. Thsi is My first post.  I do not want to invest in very known large caps ( as appreciation from here will be less or we can even go thru mf route) nor in unknown small caps.
I have already invested recklessly 4.5 lakhs at one go when market was at its peak and was doing LOSS booking from March 2009 and now i am almost 1 lakh down. I never expected the election euphoria and now still am selling in the hope that market will come down to below 10000 again and can invest at that time.

I want to be a diversified investor with special emphasis on following sectors -
PRIORITY 1 -> AUTO,BANKING,POWER TRANSMISION,FERTILISERS (AROUND 55%)
PRIORITY 2 -> ENGINEERING, INFRA,REAL ESTATE, STEEL (AROUND 35%)
PRIORITY 3 -> OTHER CYCLICALS, CONCEPT STOCK (AROUND 10%)

I feel Auto will be the leader in another year's time
IP IP Logged
rajnsharma

Online Status: Offline
Quote rajnsharma Replybullet Posted: 24/Sep/2009 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by raj261178

Hi,
  I have been reading equitydesk for around a year now. Thsi is My first post.  I do not want to invest in very known large caps ( as appreciation from here will be less or we can even go thru mf route) nor in unknown small caps.
I have already invested recklessly 4.5 lakhs at one go when market was at its peak and was doing LOSS booking from March 2009 and now i am almost 1 lakh down. I never expected the election euphoria and now still am selling in the hope that market will come down to below 10000 again and can invest at that time.

I want to be a diversified investor with special emphasis on following sectors -
PRIORITY 1 -> AUTO,BANKING,POWER TRANSMISION,FERTILISERS (AROUND 55%)
PRIORITY 2 -> ENGINEERING, INFRA,REAL ESTATE, STEEL (AROUND 35%)
PRIORITY 3 -> OTHER CYCLICALS, CONCEPT STOCK (AROUND 10%)

I feel Auto will be the leader in another year's time

Dear Rajesh,
        Sorry to hear about your loss. This is true with many of the retail investors. They buy at the peak and when the market starts sliding don't sell. They sell only when market starts to turn around and take home a loss. You are never in loss/profit till you book. Market value only shows the notional loss/profit.

Please build your portfolio with sector leaders(valuation should be kept in mind). India has a great future ahead. We all will be winners in long term. Short term nobody knows how Sensex will behave. Even the so called experts Wink.

By the way read "One up on the Wall Street" by Peter Lynch if you haven't done so.

Regards,
Raj
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version