Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Announcements
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Announcements
Message Icon Topic: An Important Announcement! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 143 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Sep/2006 at 8:40pm
Basantji,

One thing for sure....

If i would have seen your %age allocation to all your stocks, i would have invested in Educomp ... if not at IPO price then definately around 577 levels.....

If you feel its too personal to show %age allocation to all your stocks - pls. reject my request. But if not, you would not believe how much determination it can give others like me 

Thank you for your opinion Prosperity some other members have suggested the same thing to me though personally.  But I guess you would understand that I am also limited by restrictions. The problem  My Investing startegy creates is the inherrent danger of any of the stocks going down by 50% or more. Now while it is perfectly possible for me to give the percentage holdings (since I am not writing any values alongside it) but it does put me to the potential of imaginary and self created problems in future. If you would have noticed I have added the phrase " read the DISCLAIMER before investing" in my signature below.

Mentally I am not sure which of the stocks I hold would go up the most- As a basket I am, individually I cannot bet. Emerging sector stocks   always suffer from mortality risks. Being an open forum we may all like to share ideas and opinions and I have tried to indicate every possible way in which these stocks could move.

I am  trying to come up with my vision of a multibagger portfolio of 10 - 12 stocks and we could have it on the forum. But for the prercentage allocation part we will ask the members to take their own call.

I hope that you understand my position.

Regards,

Basant

Edited by basant - 28/Sep/2006 at 8:41pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
sanjay3

Quote sanjay3 Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 3:51am
TO ALL BOARDERS

wish you a Happy Dassera. All the very best to you.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 9:02am
Yes,A very happy Dusherra. Let us pledge to do away with the Ravan ("The expert") this Dusshera.

A very happy Dusshera to all of you indeed.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 9:24am
Thanks and wish all the forum members, their families and friends a very happy Dassera!

Basantjee, well said about Ravan. But in Ramayana he had only ten heads, in capital markets we need to fight a very different one who comes in various shapes/sizes--local/foreign. I'm sure however, we would conquer.
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Equity Buff

Quote Equity Buff Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 9:56am
A very happy Dassera to all.

Rgds.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 10:08am
 capital markets we need to fight a very different one who comes in various shapes/sizes--local/foreign
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 02/Oct/2006 at 2:56pm
Yes Yes Yes! Badhai Ho Badhai! I wish by the next Dusshera all of you guys(and hopefully me too) would be far richer and wealthier, than what we would have normally expected. God Bless and Jai RAM, Jai Shiva! BUM BUM BUM!

Especially Jai Ma Durga, Saraswati, Chandike - She goes to the Ganges today! Jai Maa!

Edited by omshivaya - 02/Oct/2006 at 2:59pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 02/Oct/2006 at 5:31pm
I have a joke about Ravan, I will write it in Hing-lish.

Ravan socha maine bohot galat kiya hai apne jeevan me aur gaya Ramji ke pass mafi mangne, gate knock kiya Ramji ne gate khola aur pucha tum yaha to Ravan bola ha mai mafi mangne aya hu apse lekin samajh nahi aaraha hai kis muh-mouth se mangu. 

Happy Dasahra and be-lated Happy Durga Puja, especially to my fellow Kolkatan`s, this is first time in life(if I re-collect correctly) has missed Kolkata Durja Puja, to me this is best time to be in Kolkata but nobody agrees with me and go some where else for a holiday.

Edited by reetesh - 02/Oct/2006 at 5:34pm
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 143 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version