Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: Long term stock warrants could be big multibaggers Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
hit2710

Online Status: Offline
Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 06/Nov/2009 at 10:27am
Originally posted by samirarora

Atleast that is the story for me and i know, i need to be a small part of this story and will wait for it to happen

You seem to be betting on the growth in consumption story of the Indian affluent class. I have been to Westside in my city which is located next to Pantaloons and I see a marked difference in the footfalls in both the businesses. Pantaloons seems to be far ahead. Although the product profile of both the businesses might be a tad different.

But as you say, story could unfold anytime in the future. I am more comfortable with my VST Tillers and Lakshmi Energy and Parekh Aluminexes where there is evident growth and rerating would occur sooner rather than later. But everyone has his own preference of poison

Best wishes,
Regards,
Hitesh.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
samirarora

Quote samirarora Replybullet Posted: 09/Nov/2009 at 4:59pm
The trent warrant is quite in demand it seems.. went up above 60 , only buyers and no sellers... maybe something is cooking in the trent stock or maybe someone wants to seriously up their stake..
should get interesting as we go along, by the looks of it.

best wishes,
samir.
IP IP Logged
Prasham

Quote Prasham Replybullet Posted: 10/Feb/2010 at 4:59pm
Well I am quite bullish on Welspun Gujarat & Mahindra Lifespaces. How do I find if these companies are offering warrants?

IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 10/Feb/2010 at 9:04pm
hi all,
can we list some stocks that are available at less than 100 rs and have the potential to grow in the long term?. in the pasr we have had several success stories like bajaj,infosys ,cipla etc.. and even in the last decade we had companies like bharti,axis bank,icci bank etc. can we think of such companies currently?
NHPC is the one that comes to my mind.  (but i dont understand their business though :-)
thanks
IP IP Logged
shivkumar

Quote shivkumar Replybullet Posted: 10/Feb/2010 at 12:30pm
what is this Rs 100 thing? Are you planning to buy just one or two shares? Otherwise the price alone is immaterial without reference to earnings and other factors. 
IP IP Logged
hit2710

Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 10/Feb/2010 at 9:20am
Originally posted by tejas.k

hi all,can we list some stocks that are available at less than 100 rs and have the potential to grow in the long term?

There is a similar thread started by samir arora titled stocks cheaper than a pack of cigarettes, which basically covers the stocks you mention.

Regards,
Hitesh.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 11/Feb/2010 at 12:51pm
thanks hitesh. i will check that out
shivkumar, yah i understand that cheap stock  price doesn't mean stock is cheap :-). i agree that one can buy even 2000 rs stock if its good.  i was looking for cheap price stock because you get more number of shares. and if it clicks, the returns will be substantial.  if it doest, then still u wont lose much.
IP IP Logged
Kautilya

Quote Kautilya Replybullet Posted: 11/Feb/2010 at 7:29pm
One good reason to go for a lesser priced stock (need not mean it is lesser valued) could be the perception of getting to buy in small chunks akin to SIP in order to accumulate or average out their investments. Most people prefer accumulating a NHPC in chunks of 50 or 100 as against buying 1 Crisil every time the market corrects.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version