Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Blogs
 The Equity Desk Forum :Blog :Blogs
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
mcbindal

Online Status: Offline
Quote mcbindal Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 11:58am
Shocked to read your Good Bye message Sir. I have no words . My eyes are full of tears.
I learned a lot from you Sir and salute to your great advice to us which help me a lot in my life.
Miss you a lot

Warm Regard by my end of the heart.

Mahesh Bindal
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 12:14pm
Welcome Omshivayaji...
your profile pic says you have grown quite old! but certainly Rich!
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
equity-shishya

Quote equity-shishya Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 12:50pm
Basantji,

I have benefited immensely from BC over the past 3 years. In addition to the gaining monetarily by more than expected portfolio growth, the foundations for successful equity investing have been ingrained firmly in my mind.

Even though I have been your reader from old TED days, my real gains started after becoming a BC member. This is because i could understand these things more clearly (more importantly by putting cash at work not theoretically by reading only books).

- Providing high allocation to best ideas
- Being lazy in taking profits from the table
- Cutting the losses quickly
- Not being afraid to bet on high PE stocks.

For the silly people who claimed that your appearance on TV talking about your stocks diluted your service - There is HUGE difference in coming to know of a good pick in 15 mins of TV talk and ability to build conviction to allocate more than 10% of your portfolio - this was BC forte in my opinion.

Although i would sorely miss BC, at least i am a better investor now compared to 3 years back.

Thanks for everything and all the best :-)

regards
Arvind

IP IP Logged
Kabootar

Quote Kabootar Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:05pm
Dear Basantji,

Thank you for the guidance you have given me. It was my fortune to join this forum at a time when I was looking for positive influences in investing. In times of doubt, I would refer back to some of the threads here, especially the ones on you investing strategy and your story of success in investing. I have tripled my gains by learning from you and TED, though the learning from you is many times more valuable.

Wherever the journey of life takes you, one hopes it will be to bigger and better heights.
Verbal diarrhoea! A most deadly disease.
IP IP Logged
rajeshnl

Quote rajeshnl Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:42pm
First post to write a good bye, what an irony! Some joined when TED started some joined when BC started some in between, few joined very late, and all are injected with good doses of wisdom. Late comers like me waiting for the next avatar to be present from the first day!
Good stock ideas are rare agree, what about a stock guru? There are many good and bad but we all are lucky we found the best, this opportunity is rarest, listen, follow, the interactive part is to an end now still… Happy investing to all friends and BasantJi . Good bye and best of luck!
IP IP Logged
cooldude
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cooldude Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 1:50pm
Dear Basantji,
    I have generally visited TED mainly to gain knowledge and have posted very little. A major factor is due to my being an introvert. Hence, you may not recall this person. Probably, you will remember if I say that at the Page AGM last year, I gave you the book, "Antifragile". My posting has been limited because I feel that I hardly know anything that is not known already known to Basant, the intellectual giant in the field of investments. I started investing in the 1980s, mainly in IPOs. I became an active investor in 2001 and experimented with various styles viz. day trading, short term trading etc. even though I had read most of the investment classics. Before joining TED and later BC, nothing would have tempted me to buy atleast 1 share of Page Industries, considering the high PE. But, learning from you, Page has now turned out to be my most fruitful investment and you, Basantji have given me the confidence to make a living from stocks. (My family is not so sure yet!!).

However, the news of closure of BC hit me like a bolt from the blue. I felt as if, from the comfy confines of the "Titanic", I was being thrown into the icy waters of the Atlantic ocean. However, I respect your reasons for doing so. I was a frequent user of Moneycontrol Message Board in 2002-03 and from the behaviour of some uncivilised boarders, I felt that visiting MMB was a waste of time. It was only after hearing about the attacks on you on MMB, I reentered MMB and did try to reason with naysayers. However, social media is more like the Wild West and you will have outlaws since it is so easy to shoot and scoot. I hope that this break will bring you some respite. Hope to keep in touch with you through TED and also when you visit my city. God bless you Basantji.
You can't see the future through the rearview mirror - Peter Lynch
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 2:31pm
Dear Basantji,

TED and BC both are closed, beyond many other things I regret the most is a forum to have a regular interaction with you. Its like a what oxygen to life for any serious investor.
I joined BC more from being in touch with you than any other reason. Having been associated with you, I somehow developed a sense to read your mind and frankly what I read on BC is mere reinforcement of that.
Well, in one way its good that we all now will be more diligent in our future investment decisions in your absence and guidance. Life goes on...

Wishing you all the best, wealthy you are already so I can wish for your good health and happiness ahead :-).

Regards,
Manish
IP IP Logged
manish962
Groupie
Groupie

Quote manish962 Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2015 at 3:56pm
Closure of TED/BC is very unfortunate to the serious investors. Many guys like me has learnt the ABC of investment from TED. Due to melacious intetion of few, the entire investor community is suffering. Thanks for providing guidance for so many years.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version