Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Blogs
 The Equity Desk Forum :Blog :Blogs
Message Icon Topic: Good Bye.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 7:57am

Wow!

Originally posted by vijayM

Dear Basant Sir,

It is a good decision to end BC with TED the place from where we began our journey of investing in stock market. I joined TED in 2008 the year that witnessed worst ever market fall. By May 2009, my portfolio was down by 60% to 1.95L. Now in 2015 it has reached more than 1C. Before joining TED I was aiming to reach around 70L by 2026 but with the help of TED/BC, I crossed 1c in 2014 itself.That is the power of BC and TED.

I will always remember you for your honesty and integrity apart from your expertise in stock market.

I respect your decision to stay out of public forums and accordingly will not disturb you any further.

All the best for your future endeavors.

with deepest prayers
vijayM
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
pankajinf

Quote pankajinf Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:06am
Your investment philosophy has changed my complete thought process towards equity investment. I was not fortunate enough to find you early enough, but would like to thank God that though late , I found you. In June 2014, after reading your book and watching your videos on you tube , I completely got convinced that you are genius in this field and subscribed to Basant Corner basic membership. In one year , I can confidently say I learnt much more than I learnt in prior 14 years of my equity investment.

The way you have helped average investor is quite amazing and I would like to thank from bottom of my heart for that. Do let me know , in case you come up with any other platform for sharing your knowledge in future.
Regards,
Pankaj
IP IP Logged
sourajeet

Quote sourajeet Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:25am
Basant Ji,

Good Morning.

I can understand the pain and discomfort you are going through right now which have forced you to close BC. I know this world itself is very cruel to people who wants to do something good for the people, forget about online world, that's unreality within reality. It's quite a "Human" nature Basant Ji, neither you nor I can help it. There are certain characteristics of the "Human" nature that can't be avoided. We have have to live with it and digest it. I remember a line from Gita, which I always apply in my life - "कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन। मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि॥", and that's exactly what I want to say you at this stage of your life.

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, Ma phaleshou kada chana – You have the right to perform your actions,but you are not entitled to the fruits of the actions.

Ma Karma Phala Hetur Bhurmatey Sangostva Akarmani – Do not let the fruit be the purpose of your actions, and therefore you won’t be attached to not doing your duty.

"When we help someone, we don’t do it for the sake of something in return, whether we are rewarded for our actions or not, this is not our concern. And when we help someone without worrying about our own gains, this is selflessness. We don’t think what are we going to get from that. The importance is that as a human being we have been able to help someone."

What I am trying to say here is that you can't just leave like that. You have done all the hard work for so many years for the betterment and benefit of the investor community, and you must continue as that's your duty. You should not feel disheartened or dejected by few people who wants to pull you down, instead you should stand tall and continue as you used to do. I wish my voice reaches you loud and clear, as I can't see people break down like this. You have been doing good work, continue doing it, no one is here to judge you. You know what you are doing. So, all the best and "carry on".

That's my simple two word message to you. Hope to see you soon with a "Hello" message ;)

- Sourajeet

([email protected])
Cheers,
Sourajeet
IP IP Logged
smart_prof

Quote smart_prof Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 9:34am
Good morning sirji

Loved every moment of 8 years association.

IP IP Logged
Khan

Quote Khan Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:25am
Thank you for the wisdom that you have shared and I am sure will continue to do so. Learned a lot from you via TED and a short time in BC and reading TI and of course meeting you in person was awesome.
You have made a difference in my life!
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten
IP IP Logged
pranav_pratap

Quote pranav_pratap Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:29am
Dear Basant,

Wish you all the best for you r future endeavors!

Guy Spier has explained very well why intellectuals should keep takers at a distance. The merely waste our energy. Even if we have to sacrifice a little to avoid them, I would say that the sacrifice is worth it.

I hope to see you more on TED. TED was a beautiful thing and I wish that it gets buzzing again.

Ray Dalio says that the foremost quality of a good investor is finding his/her balance. I would add that balance and anger don't go hand in hand.

~best of luck!   

I use to read through TED and participate in discussions looong back.
IP IP Logged
catchsudipto

Quote catchsudipto Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:37am
So finally last few hours only. Tomorrow market will be there but no TED/BC. For last few years Ted/Bc was like market to me. I learned so many new things in life here. I wonder whether ever I will be able to learn even half of what I have learned from Ted/BC. I know it will be near impossible to find a Honest, caring down to earth person like you. For last 9+ years you are one of my biggest assets of my life. 30th June 2015 will remain as one the saddest day for rest of our life. Thanks for everything. Hats off to you. TAKE a Bow Sir.
IP IP Logged
manish_3011

Quote manish_3011 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jun/2015 at 10:39am
Hello Basantji, Wonderful association of last more than two and a half years. Learnt a lot and enjoyed every moment. Could put large amount of money due to you only. My PF has gone up from 40 lac in Nov'2012 to now more than 2 crore. Thanks a ton for everything and kind regards.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version