Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: SAVE TAX AND DESTROY WEALTH Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
kmp_saij

Online Status: Offline
Quote kmp_saij Replybullet Posted: 29/Sep/2010 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by gopal

Originally posted by tarkeshwar

How do you calculate your short terms taxes? I mean - calculating in First-In-First-Out way matching sell quantities with buys are not very intuitive or easy to do it with paper and pen? Is there something in spreadsheet etc.?

I have written a little software code for doing this. Was wondering if other ppl do this by hand. In that case, I will put this code someplace to share.

Bhai you can use MONEY CONTROL, everytime you buy make entries accordingly and everytime you sell make the entry in it accordingly ..... I have instructed my broker that every time he sends me the contract note for purchase or sell .... he should send without fail a second sheet also giving the final rates with calculation of brokerage, service tax, STT, transaction charges and stamp duty .....

Then simply click on money control to know your short term or long term gains .....

Is there any s/w which calculates short term gain and long term gain if we provide data in excel format.... or any website which do this thing...??
Own whatever’s feared, shun whatever’s beloved.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version