Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Portfolio Check Up
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Portfolio Check Up
Message Icon Topic: My Investing Strategy Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 352 Next >>
rinkumalpani

Online Status: Offline
Quote rinkumalpani Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by CHINKI

Originally posted by ash7979

Originally posted by ramsey123

Originally posted by omshivaya

TED's USP is QUALITY...which is FREE!!! Any of these two goes, TED goes!!! So, I concur with your views and others' views that are on similar lines.

Omji, the idea is not to make TED paid. TED is and should always be a free forum. This is regarding a paid service where e-mails are sent to subscribers.

Also, subscribers need not blindly follow...just like with any paid service. Those interested would subscribe, those who don't require such support to supplement their thought process can choose not to.
I also second to this subscription based services from Basant Sir...I rate him at the up there with Best of best fund managers of India...So, I wont mind paying him subscription fees...As we pay entry load & exit load in MF as well..and 50% of those under-perform  their own benchmark index leave apart Sensex...So,I am in favor for subscription based service from BM...
Gentlemen, leave this issue to Basantji who knows what to do and when to do about this forum better than most of us. In case if he wants any suggestions/ideas in this regard, he would put that on the forum.

Why unnecessary wasting pages/memories for such unwanted things on such a good thread.

.. I agree chinkiji
.. Friends ..lets get back to work and do what we do best....discuss stocks and stocks alone..

Edited by rinkumalpani - 27/Apr/2011 at 3:41pm
IP IP Logged
values

Quote values Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 8:40pm
Basantji... Is there a reason you have not put your latest portfolio holding or is it because its just a subset of TED XI stocks that take up a sizeable portion of ur holding ?

Originally posted by basant

I understand the point(s) of view but of late I have started to belive that TED is not a portfolio mangaement tool. It is a place to share discuss and debate on thoughts and ideas.

If anyone would have read through the respective company threads he would have known that my persoanl preference has always been consumer stocks ever since the first few months of this bull market.

The point to note is that inspite of those stocks we beat all the mutual funds and indices hands down.

Inspite of this guys who had interacted with me on PM/Telephone had my point of view but for a  complete event to event based opinion service the public forum is not the place to be in and  for a majority of people who want to just look at a set of stocks and buy them the best way out would be to sign up for a subscription based service/ pms which is not being offered at the moment but  who knows depending on various probabilities and possibilities we might do it though personally I have never given it too much of a serious thought as on date.
Knowledge is power!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 9:34pm
No specific reason just that I do not like making my entire portfolio public.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
ash7979

Quote ash7979 Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 9:37pm

No specific reason just that I do not like making my entire portfolio public.

Dont tell entire portfolio, but kuchh to bataiye:)

Do, you hold any other stock other than TED XI in significant quantity??

If you dont wanna answers above question, then its okay...
Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free....
IP IP Logged
datta.supratik

Quote datta.supratik Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 10:05pm
I probably dont understand the difference, but instead of PMS, isnt a fund management a better idea. It can be floated like a MF and we make a Berkshire Hathaway out of it one day...11 stocks, consumer based , same ROE and ROCE funda, no deadlines to quit, expect a15% odd returns YOY and have the most experienced and strong person manage our assets and have a peaceful sleep everyday..am I dreaming?

~Supratik
IP IP Logged
MR TED

Quote MR TED Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by datta.supratik

I probably dont understand the difference, but instead of PMS, isnt a fund management a better idea. It can be floated like a MF and we make a Berkshire Hathaway out of it one day...11 stocks, consumer based , same ROE and ROCE funda, no deadlines to quit, expect a15% odd returns YOY and have the most experienced and strong person manage our assets and have a peaceful sleep everyday..am I dreaming?

~Supratik

The difference is between the relationship of the parties involved. Like, for Hedge funds, the level of trust has to be more compared to a subscription based service.

Edited by MR TED - 27/Apr/2011 at 12:15pm
IP IP Logged
MR TED

Quote MR TED Replybullet Posted: 27/Apr/2011 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by itpro

I am not sure why ideas on super 5 or super 6 are not shared. I think no one is going to just accept those as it is. There will be debate on which one is coming to top 5. But not sharing itself doesn't help...

Agree to your point. Also, as an example, i have been visiting TED for last 2 years, but I do not own a single stock of TED 11, and I am happy about it. Even if BM or WB tells me to buy a stock, I will not buy it if it does not suits my style. (Please note that I have highest respect for both of them). But just wanted to highlight that there will be many like me in TED, who, inspite of the opinion from anyone in TED would discuss, brainstorm and learn.
IP IP Logged
rosicrucian

Quote rosicrucian Replybullet Posted: 29/Apr/2011 at 1:37pm

India's GDP is at present Rs 30 lac crores and should grow to about Rs 40 lac crores by the year 2010. The market capitalization of the BSE is at Rs 27  lac crores, which is 90% of the GDP. The previous high tested by the Indian system has been 67%.

(1) Is it still shall be ok to take BSE macap?
(2) During HM era there was no NSE,but now adays BSE has lost a major chunk to nse.

(3) from where M-cap data could be taken?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 352 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version