Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Portfolio Check Up
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Portfolio Check Up
Message Icon Topic: My Investing Strategy Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 352 Next >>
ramsey123
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote ramsey123 Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by funkyappu

I doubt BM will accede to this proposition. BM is concerned about the small retail investors of this country who often have only Rs. 1,000-2,000 to invest at a time.

Appuji, 1000-2000 is a perfect point to start. He/she could invest 1000 into this service (assuming the annual fee will be 1000) and the other 1000 can be used to invest. Also, to invest the 1000 into TED's service, you don't even need to time the entry Smile.

Edited by ramsey123 - 26/Apr/2011 at 12:40pm
IP IP Logged
rinkumalpani

Quote rinkumalpani Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 12:56pm
I don't agree to converting TED in a paid forum..I believe the purpose of TEDXI should be still the same..a platform for the common masses to keep on learning and sharing their thoughts and observations....converting it into a paid service would limit its reach and also limit the no. of participants and the raw information on companies and how they are doing in the physical markets provided by many observers....morover, paid expectations when do not bear fruit bring more allegations.....let the analysts on the TV take care of the paid services..and let us enjoy TED the way it is.....

Edited by rinkumalpani - 26/Apr/2011 at 12:57pm
IP IP Logged
ramsey123
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ramsey123 Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 12:58pm
Rinkuji, the idea was not to convert TED forums.
IP IP Logged
itpro

Quote itpro Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 2:31pm
I am not sure why ideas on super 5 or super 6 are not shared. I think no one is going to just accept those as it is. There will be debate on which one is coming to top 5. But not sharing itself doesn't help...

I do follow the RD's chat and have learnt quite a few value investing ideas from him.  I wonder why he need to spend his time on the chat etc.. but i believe he likes the idea of sharing his knowledge and is more than happy if few people can make good use of his information. The people who just follow the chat without investigation will move out in short time ...because there will be someone else offering the tips... So ideally we should not get bothered who is using our information ...

if its a trader... or a long term investor... etc... our effort should be to just give the information we have.

What is the harm if someone ask for a stock which can give good returns.. I guess that is the first step in entering the stock market.. That is how i got hooked to TED. That is how i got interest in reading about value investing... long term investing...

IP IP Logged
funkyappu

Quote funkyappu Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 2:38pm
If a person is invested in a good company & also tells others about it..& the other also follow in pursuit, it brings value to the company, thus benefiting the original investor and also adding to his credibility which earns him the respect. Hence, sharing knowledge works both ways.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by rinkumalpani

let the analysts on the TV take care of the paid services..and let us enjoy TED the way it is.....

TED's USP is QUALITY...which is FREE!!! Any of these two goes, TED goes!!! So, I concur with your views and others' views that are on similar lines.

At best, one can have a "Donation" link on TED and anyone can choose to freely donate some small amount anytime they wish to. That should cover admin. charges etc. etc.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
mbhagra

Quote mbhagra Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 9:13pm
The idea of TED was to teach as many people to fish !!!

There always be a big majority who would want the Fish(cooked..grilled and with a dash of lime preferably Wink !) instead of going out in the sun...waiting patiently for the catch !

But then we should not blame them for what they are seeking, for if you look around, you will find that value investors don't hunt in packs like hyenas!!!

Again coming back to investing or even trading you can learn from someone but you wont be able to copy that person for long. In the end you would have found your own investment style, your own zone of comfort and that will be the point when you would have become a true investor! This is a continuous process and all must go through this.

Here in TED seek for a Mentor and not a Guru! You see Gurus seek Disciples (meek) and Mentors seek Character (leaders). A guru needs these disciples, and they need them in hoards (this is provided by flush of new uninformed entrants to the market everyday). In the case of a Mentor, it’s the other way around. He shuns the hoards, and seeks out a few pieces of uncut rough rocks. A Guru will always give you sermons on what’s wrong with your life whereas the Mentor will show you how to put your life right. A guru will provide you with a sense of calm (his services, which he makes sure that you cant do without). A Mentor on the other hand will take away your calm make you sweat and toil. A Guru will never let you leave him (you are his milking cow!!!). A Mentor will not let you to stick to him (he has made a gem out of that rough uncut rock… his work done…and now he goes ahead to seek more such rough rocks).

The road to successful Investing is not a smooth one. The treacherous journey has consumed many a souls. It’s long and a tiring journey and many of us give up mid way and seek solace in the arms of a Guru. What we need is a Mentor who teaches us to conquer the road ahead.

Too quote Robert Frost:

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference."

IP IP Logged
leo2007

Quote leo2007 Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by omshivaya

Originally posted by rinkumalpani

let the analysts on the TV take care of the paid services..and let us enjoy TED the way it is.....

TED's USP is QUALITY...which is FREE!!! Any of these two goes, TED goes!!! So, I concur with your views and others' views that are on similar lines.

At best, one can have a "Donation" link on TED and anyone can choose to freely donate some small amount anytime they wish to. That should cover admin. charges etc. etc.

I fully agree with your views.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 352 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version