Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: Basant's Corner - Coming Soon Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
ramsey123
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote ramsey123 Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by FutureBull

wow! it has become tipping point for all the fence sitters

I would like to be the prophet here and point back to my prophecy to say "I told you so" -

Basantji, I'm really happy with your announcement. Needless to say that you can count me in. Are you issuing shares as well Smile?

Regards,
Ram.
IP IP Logged
satish23
Groupie
Groupie

Quote satish23 Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 9:40am
thanks basant sir, great news for me.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 9:57am
Thank you everyone! Personally I was a bit reluctant to get this through because for some reason it looked a bit embarrassing for me to come out with a commercial arrangement that could in some way compete with TheEquityDesk but then I thought that if I can have a structure that adds real value to people as they get access to my opinions and also my investment bets it should be a product/service with some difference.

Apart from the views on this thread I have also received several phone calls and emails from people who are on TED and for some reason are hiding their identity. The response has left me overwhelmed.

The "Ask Basant" section is cumbersome as I would have to respond to queries but I thought that without that it would have been difficult to supplement my thoughts and opinions. Hence inspite of the issues of responding to questions I took this up because without that the other part looked a bit unfinished.

About the PMS, it is in the pipeline but some distance away but that at the moment I am too much focused on "Basant's Corner".

I hope to be of even more assistance to you all then I have been through the forum.

Thank you again.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 11:29am
basant jee,
"Basant's Corner" will be like Peter Lynch, WB and RJ combined giving us successful investment ideas. Tongue Tongue
TongueI just hope, TED forum doesn't get deprived of your valuable opinion on certain topics that Teddies put forward as you'll be totally busy in "Basant's Corner" Cry. Waiting eagerly for your advisory service.
IP IP Logged
Cherio

Quote Cherio Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2011 at 11:52am
"Great decision Basantji"
I am sure this will be a "Super Service" a not to be missed opportunity for people like us who need someone Proven,Genuine,Respected to guide us through our investment journey.
The timing is also right.

JFK
IP IP Logged
Monkey

Quote Monkey Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2011 at 12:03pm

I am just thinking of impact. Anything recommended by Basantji will get overpriced in no time, especially if normal volumes are not much. Anyways, it will be like unintended consequences.

IP IP Logged
learning2learn
Groupie
Groupie

Quote learning2learn Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2011 at 12:05pm
sirji
Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security - John Allen Paulos
IP IP Logged
itpro

Quote itpro Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2011 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by basant

Thank you everyone! Personally I was a bit reluctant to get this through because for some reason it looked a bit embarrassing for me to come out with a commercial arrangement that could in some way compete with TheEquityDesk but then I thought that if I can have a structure that adds real value to people as they get access to my opinions and also my investment bets it should be a product/service with some difference.

Apart from the views on this thread I have also received several phone calls and emails from people who are on TED and for some reason are hiding their identity. The response has left me overwhelmed.

The "Ask Basant" section is cumbersome as I would have to respond to queries but I thought that without that it would have been difficult to supplement my thoughts and opinions. Hence inspite of the issues of responding to questions I took this up because without that the other part looked a bit unfinished.

About the PMS, it is in the pipeline but some distance away but that at the moment I am too much focused on "Basant's Corner".

I hope to be of even more assistance to you all then I have been through the forum.

Thank you again.

I have one worry.... it should not happen that the discussion which are happening on the equity desk would shift to the thread within Basan't corner. I am sure lot of good people will subscribe to basant's corner and will start putting in the comments there. So in a way equitydesk will suffer.. because over the time they will not put comments at both the places. I know you must have thought of it... because both of them are your baby... :)

One option could be opening up the old thread from the Basant's corner after some delay...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version