Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Investment resources - The Knowledge Buzz
Message Icon Topic: Basant's Corner - Coming Soon Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
kailasp4u

Online Status: Offline
Quote kailasp4u Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 12:41pm
If someone compares it to Mutual Fund, which charges 2-2.5% as annual fund management fees, someone investing more than 6lacs in an year should not have problem subscribing to this service, provided he takes bets as advised without thinking otherwise on the advise offered. And performance would be surely better than the best MF or index.
knp
IP IP Logged
prudentinvestor

Quote prudentinvestor Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 12:43pm
I guess we are digressing a bit from the agenda.

It is clearly evident that Basant ji is sharing his acumen and expertise at Basant's Corner at monthly charges which are at deep discount. There is no debate regarding this.

The main issue raised yesterday was the future relevance of stock based discussions on TED as most people will shift to Basant's Corner and will not discuss stocks anymore on TED.

In this regard, can we explore a subscription based paid forum model for TED with reasonable annual charges which would recover operating costs for the forum as well keep TED limited to the perspective of only serious investors and keep it open for stock based and academic discussions.
"All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out..” - Peter Lynch
IP IP Logged
itpro

Quote itpro Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by LearningToFly

It is not a question of affording 1200 Rs per month. All of us can afford it. I mean we spend this much when we go for drink. Isn't it. It is just that in case of investing, we have been habituated to get free and wrong nonsense by every tom, dick, and harry. How many of us really think twice before paying 200 bucks for a useless movie.

1200 Rs a month from Basantji is very reasonable. Do not forget the lessons we learn from him. The PMS advisers do not give you lesson.

Affordability is different question for every one.

Please don't club it with giving 1200 rs a month to Basantji... I am sure everyone will agree that he has done a much greater work than this.... So there is no question of giving or not giving.....

It is a question of the modalities... e.g. Open source software vs Proprietary

Will it affect the great forum which is created vs a private forum.

Moreover in India lot of people have not started investing... I do refer people to this site who consider equity as no-no. So it is great education forum to educate and help people improve there lives through informed investment opportunity.

IP IP Logged
prabhakarkudva

Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 12:48pm
As in most endeavors in life including investing its better to be optimistic and see the glass as half full.

For every one person who cannot afford the service there will be five who can. Lets be happy about that.

Also to give you a personal anecdote - when i joined TED i was a student and i probably could not have afforded such a service.But its because of TED that today i am in a position to afford it. So if someone is really inclined they can read and re-read the treasure trove that are the TED archives and very soon get to a position where they can not only afford the service but importantly be in a position to appreciate the advice, see the rationales and if their mind agrees only then actually apply it rather than blindly following the advice on borrowed conviction which could be perturbing especially during uncertain and volatile times.

Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.
IP IP Logged
smart_prof

Quote smart_prof Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by basant

Thank you everyone! Personally I was a bit reluctant to get this through because for some reason it looked a bit embarrassing for me to come out with a commercial arrangement that could in some way compete with TheEquityDesk but then I thought that if I can have a structure that adds real value to people as they get access to my opinions and also my investment bets it should be a product/service with some difference.

Apart from the views on this thread I have also received several phone calls and emails from people who are on TED and for some reason are hiding their identity. The response has left me overwhelmed.

The "Ask Basant" section is cumbersome as I would have to respond to queries but I thought that without that it would have been difficult to supplement my thoughts and opinions. Hence inspite of the issues of responding to questions I took this up because without that the other part looked a bit unfinished.

About the PMS, it is in the pipeline but some distance away but that at the moment I am too much focused on "Basant's Corner".

I hope to be of even more assistance to you all then I have been through the forum.

Thank you again.

Basant ji this is the greatest idea >i dont know abt anyones benefit it will definetely benfit me in making large amount of wealth over another 15-20 years or so also i intend to use most of that wealth for charitable causes.as per your policy size of the investible p>folio doesnot matter only % returns matter ......
IP IP Logged
smart_prof

Quote smart_prof Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 1:39pm
Basantji,

You will be doing a great service ....
because if some one had something specific abt a particular buis and he wanted to ask personally that was not at all poss( only in terms of suiatable price to buy a buis) >

here there will be more scope of getting the answers without even asking the question.

sir when exactly u are starting it i think deepawali will be perfect time to start .
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 1:55pm
The charges that Basant ji has mentioned are absolutely okay for the "Basant's Corner", especially since he has given a lot in the past to the TEDdies.

People who cannot afford it, should try to get a job(part-time or full-time) and then try to pay for the wisdom that Basant jee provides. Nothing in life comes free! Think of the payment as tuition fees.

I hope I have not hurt anyone with my comments. If I have, sorry...but just wanted to share my feelings!
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 21/Oct/2011 at 2:08pm
Smart prof: Thank you. It should be up latest by next weekend.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version