Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: The Gitas and the Bibles of Investment! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
abhishekbasu

Online Status: Offline
Quote abhishekbasu Replybullet Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by prudentinvestor

Have decided to divert all profits from short term trades in buying quality books this year. Just received my copy of 'Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits' by Philip Fisher.

Wonderful thought And please let us know your takeaways from each book you read.

IP IP Logged
rajnsharma

Quote rajnsharma Replybullet Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 11:41am

Have decided to divert all profits from short term trades in buying quality books this year.

Good idea. IMHO books should be bought whenever you have some time to read . On a lighter note just wondering what you will do when there are lossesWink.

Wall Street makes money by it's activity, while you can make money by your in-activity - Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
prudentinvestor

Quote prudentinvestor Replybullet Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by rajnsharma

Good idea. IMHO books should be bought whenever you have some time to read . On a lighter note just wondering what you will do when there are lossesWink.

Now a days I trade very little, and that too mostly delivery based.

So chances of losses are minimal, and as I trade only in quality names ( Page, Zydus, Hawkins, Titan, VST etc.), holding them for a longer period beyond the trading horizon isn't a problem at all. Big%20smile

"All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out..” - Peter Lynch
IP IP Logged
rajnsharma

Quote rajnsharma Replybullet Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 9:31pm
Got my copy of "Finding the next StarBucks" by Michael Moe from Flipcart today. Finished first chapter so far. Looks very interesting.
Wall Street makes money by it's activity, while you can make money by your in-activity - Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
Koti_gunda

Quote Koti_gunda Replybullet Posted: 07/Apr/2012 at 11:59pm

Have decided to divert all profits from short term trades in buying quality books this year.

May be he will sell some books to cover the lossesWink.
IP IP Logged
prudentinvestor

Quote prudentinvestor Replybullet Posted: 11/Apr/2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Koti_gunda

May be he will sell some books to cover the lossesWink.

So far so good. Ordered today "Beating the street" by Peter Lynch.

Til now I have read "One up...." thrice, this book never fails to impress me. Hats off to the maestro.

"All you need for a lifetime of successful investing is a few big winners, and the pluses from those will overwhelm the minuses from the stocks that don’t work out..” - Peter Lynch
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 12/Apr/2012 at 12:16pm
A kind request.

Does anyone staying in Mumbai/Pune has this book india's money monarchs conversations with leading investors by Chetan Parikh?
This is one awesome book. Its out of stock at all the stores. Please, if someone has the book and stays in Mumbai/Pune, PM me. I'll get the book xeroxed. If anyone has the softcopy, pls post the link.
Please help me. I've been looking for this books for the past few months.

Edited by rohit1889 - 12/Apr/2012 at 12:59pm
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 12/Apr/2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by rohit1889

A kind request.

Does anyone staying in Mumbai/Pune has this book india's money monarchs conversations with leading investors by Chetan Parikh?
This is one awesome book. Its out of stock at all the stores. Please, if someone has the book and stays in Mumbai/Pune, PM me. I'll get the book xeroxed. If anyone has the softcopy, pls post the link.
Please help me. I've been looking for this books for the past few months.

No one has it? OuchOuchOuchOuch
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version