Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Let's Introduce ourselves Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
Mr. V

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mr. V Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 10:57pm
Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

Basant, You are right, the intensity is what matters. At the same time, intensity need not be adrenaline charged. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing and believe me its very hard to sit idle, is the better option and it requires a lot of intensity. Most of the stocks in my portfolio, Nucleus, a 25 bagger,  Blue Star a 7 bagger, Shanthi Gears, a 6-7 bagger, L&T, I don't even remember, it was one of the first stocks I bought way back in early 2002, have all given me great returns because I didn't tinker around or churn the portfolio. Ofcourse, my lethargy wasn't a result of any profound investing insight but was mostly unintentional and what the heck the market was going up like crazy anyway. But in hindsight, I think it was a very important lesson that I learnt, albeit unintentionally.

Omshivaya, 
Retiring in a few years ? No way. I love investing way too much to even consider quitting Smile

Shashi,
Let me congratulate you on your analysis of YES Bank. Its one of the simplest at the same time indepth analysis of a bank that I have ever come across. I have always found banking stocks too complex to analyze.

Edited by Mr. V - 06/Mar/2007 at 10:58pm
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 12:06pm
Victor,Welcome to TED
Thanks for sharing Smile
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Mr. V

Omshivaya, 
Retiring in a few years ? No way. I love investing way too much to even consider quitting Smile

Exactly what I wanted to hear. All TEDdies think alike. Good luck mate Smile
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
atmalhotra

Quote atmalhotra Replybullet Posted: 10/Mar/2007 at 2:03am
Name:Atul
Location:Bogota, Colombia - born and brought up at Chandigarh
Interests: Football, stock market
Investing Style: first started investing in 1997... small time. burnt my fingers in pentafour, HFCL and Zee TV.
Again started in Aug 2004. 30% of my portfolio is focussed long term. 70 % is short term.
Want to change this to 75% Longterm and 25 % short term. i love to speculate short term.
From the beginning(Aug 2004) was very bullish on pantaloon, TV18  and IFlex. Sold IFlex at the wrong time(at 1000). Still think the three companies have a long way to go.
My longterm holdings currently - Pantaloon, TV 18 and Ab Nuvo.
Investing Legends: Warren Buffet and Peter Lynch. Have read a lot of books on investing .

Atul Malhotra
IP IP Logged
keshav

Quote keshav Replybullet Posted: 10/Mar/2007 at 10:07am
Hi Everyone ( just joined )

Name :keshav
- Interests : hedge fund , commodities,equity,forex
- Investing styles - I love the hedge fund style where they are open to any kind of views and types of position

IP IP Logged
s_praharaj

Quote s_praharaj Replybullet Posted: 11/Mar/2007 at 4:21pm
Hi Atul and Keshav,
Welcome to TED.
With Atul joining from Colombia our international presence is increasing.
Keshav with his job as technical aanalyst will definitely contribute a lot to the forum. Both of you are young members of TED and we have a lot of expectations from you.

All of us will be benifitted by your membarship.
Shashi Praharaj
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 11/Mar/2007 at 5:18pm
Yes, I second that Shashi ji. Bubble ji now has a friend he can share same-level talks with. I was and am a dumbo at tech. analysis.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 18/Mar/2007 at 1:29pm
Guys if you have not introduced yourself here please update this thread by introducing yourself. We are really eager to know more about you.

Regards,

Basant 
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version