Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Let's Introduce ourselves Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
Equity Buff

Online Status: Offline
Quote Equity Buff Replybullet Posted: 07/Feb/2007 at 8:41am
Originally posted by manku_timma

Kerala Ayurveda is another company I believe has not be fully appreciated by the market. They have been making the right moves in terms of hiring people and striking alliances. A matter of time before they make it big?

Dear Manku,

Hi ! Can you give some more information on Kerala Ayurveda in terms of top management , alliances etc. Any additional information will be helpful.
Mr. Ramesh Vangal I know is the Chairman. There is some information on Kerala Ayurveda posted in this forum, any additional information will be helpful. Do you hold Kerala Ayurveda ?

Rgds
Equity Buff
"Time is on your side when you own shares of superior companies". Peter Lynch.
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 10/Feb/2007 at 3:56am
Hi
here's my info

Name                 - Mohan
Location             - India
Occupation         - Banking 
Interests            - Observing Human behavior
Investing styles  - Long term invester looking  for multibaggers

Investing Legends - Buffet for his Clear Thinking.
                                Peter Lynch for his approach.
                                Rakesh for motivating the investor in all of us.

Edited by Mohan - 20/Feb/2007 at 6:01am
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
mumbaiya

Quote mumbaiya Replybullet Posted: 27/Feb/2007 at 11:00pm
HI GUYS, LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF. I AM 47 YRS OLD STAYING IN FLORIDA (USA). MISSED THE BULLRUN IN STOCKMARKET,AS I MOVED TO US IN AUGUST 2003. I WAS A STOCKBROKER FOR 15 YRS. HAD VERY GOOD   CONTACTS  WITH PEOPLE AROUND. AFTER VISITING THIS SITE CAME TO KNOW AROUND GOOD INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.INVESTED IN FINANCIAL TECH @ RS 8 / 10000 SHARES. STILL HOLD SOME.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 27/Feb/2007 at 11:02pm

Holly Molly, congrats! You hold less than 3000 now is it?

Here you go mumbai ji.

Here is the link to introduce yourself. Please feel free to help yourself.

Edited by omshivaya - 27/Feb/2007 at 11:10pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
Mr. V

Quote Mr. V Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 9:54pm
Here is my info

Name: Victor
Profession: Working for a large UK based I-Bank in Technology

Investing History: I started out by punting(as opposed to investing) with a small amount of money from my father, during the 1991-92 ipo boom. After a few hits & misses, I had to shut shop and concentrate on studies. I graduated out of IIT Bombay in '98 and then missed the tech boom. My second stint started in early 2002, armed with a 10th month salary which I got as retrenchment package after my employer closed down Smile. In late 2004 I had to liquidate a majority of my holdings to finance some personal expenses(dad's house, marriage etc..). To make up for the missed profits, I decided to do a parallel leveraged play by buying a plot of land in Bangalore, financed primarily by a housing loan. Luckily for me, it all worked out and in mid 2006 I was able to sell the land and make a big profit. Since, then I have been sitting on cash and waiting for an opportunity to get back into the market.

My core holdings include L&T, Blue Star, Nucleus Software, Shanthi Gears, UTI Bank and some MF holdings. All of them were bought in 2003 or before.

My personal style & influences has evolved over time and is still evolving. After all investing is a constant learning process. Some of my weaknesses include overdiversification, chasing too many stocks and not paying much attention to the quality of management. I have burnt my fingers on stocks like Morepen labs and invested in duds like MTNL & Moser Baer.

I came across TED while researching for some stocks and the signal to noise ratio over here, compared to other message boards and communities is very high. A lot of members have been doing some quality research and contributing to the overall knowledge of TED. My thanks to all of you and please keep it up. Hopefully, I will also be able to contribute a lot to the meaningful discussion.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 10:06pm
That was a very intersting introduction. We surely hope to benefit from the loads of experience you carry. In this market it is not the number of years that bring you experience but the actual intensity with which you take your investing in those years!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 10:13pm
Welcome Victor ji. Since you like most of us have the opportunity to be part of TED, I am sure you would need just a few Y(ears) more to retire with a resounding VICTORY. You already have most part of Victory on your side.

Om Namah Shivaya and Welcome from my side and on behalf of all my TEDdy brothers.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
s_praharaj

Quote s_praharaj Replybullet Posted: 06/Mar/2007 at 10:29pm

Welcome Victor to the TED.

Its a knowledge sharing platform and I am sure you as well as all other members will be benefitted from each others knowledge.

Keep communicating regularly and Happy investing.

Shashi Praharaj
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 195 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version