Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Suggestions / Feedback
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Suggestions / Feedback
Message Icon Topic: Why not to look for new ideas – always? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
ravi123
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote ravi123 Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2011 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by TCSer

Dear Chandra whats your take on ramky post CBI raids on them due to investments in YSR/Jagan cos?I am stuck in it @ 450.

Vivek 

Jaganmohan Reddy met Sonia Gandhiji in a cordial atmosphere where the discussions were fruitful and productive. Sonia Gandhiji directed the CBI not to harass Jaganji from now on......according to a newspaper 'The Hindu".
Jagan I suspect has to eventually merge his party with the Congress-I. So no  IT raids by CBI on Jagan!
IP IP Logged
Torrance

Quote Torrance Replybullet Posted: 11/Oct/2011 at 11:44pm
Whether and to what extent to look for new ideas surely depends on the state of the economy, and right now the economy is seriously in flux worldwide. We have been trying for decades to balance it on an inadequate base of consumer demand as wages paid for work have declined, and now it has broken down. Governments are floundering in trying to fix the problem, and popular protest movements are arising. There is no way to predict where things are going from here.

Under conditions like that, a prudent investor surely will avoid getting stuck in a rut.
IP IP Logged
siloni
Groupie
Groupie

Quote siloni Replybullet Posted: 11/Oct/2011 at 10:43am
i think active pessimism like the one stated by torrance ,is shared by most people presently,so the stocks in some pockets are available at attractive valuations!of course the state of the world affairs is surely in doldrums,but you want stocks cheap then how will you get them if everything is going great?
will the consumers of world"s companies stop eating food,wearing clothes,consuming things---?there can be slowdown massively but then there is our real task and art of identifying cos to invest with certain parameters and allocate capital prudently.historically there have been problems in the world periodically,whish then seemed herculan e.g. -ww1,the great depression of 1930 , ww2 nuclear cold war,iraq war,but as mankind has to survive,the world tends to come out of it eventually.
jbeh20032003
IP IP Logged
MR TED

Quote MR TED Replybullet Posted: 16/Oct/2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by siloni

i think active pessimism like the one stated by torrance ,is shared by most people presently,so the stocks in some pockets are available at attractive valuations!of course the state of the world affairs is surely in doldrums,but you want stocks cheap then how will you get them if everything is going great?
will the consumers of world"s companies stop eating food,wearing clothes,consuming things---?there can be slowdown massively but then there is our real task and art of identifying cos to invest with certain parameters and allocate capital prudently.historically there have been problems in the world periodically,whish then seemed herculan e.g. -ww1,the great depression of 1930 , ww2 nuclear cold war,iraq war,but as mankind has to survive,the world tends to come out of it eventually.
Like your attitude!! Smile
IP IP Logged
siloni
Groupie
Groupie

Quote siloni Replybullet Posted: 16/Oct/2011 at 5:06pm
its not my attitude mr.ted.it is a fact of life.
jbeh20032003
IP IP Logged
MR TED

Quote MR TED Replybullet Posted: 16/Oct/2011 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by siloni

its not my attitude mr.ted.it is a fact of life.
Again Like your attitude Smile
How many people remember facts of life and talk them aloud when it matters? Smile
IP IP Logged
ecgoogle99

Quote ecgoogle99 Replybullet Posted: 22/Nov/2011 at 11:48am
Say of very good, I don't quite understand to the stock of investment also do not understand, last year to get a cheap nfl jerseys shop, but good at business, not leave how long was closed, dear friends show a labyrinth to me! thanks.
IP IP Logged
AnushkaSingh

Quote AnushkaSingh Replybullet Posted: 02/Dec/2011 at 11:03am
Good Basant ji...your thread for best for share investor.
your line..'Peter lynch says that the best stock to buy could be the one you already own'its a true word.
Amazing..I think your thought are correct .
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version