Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Suggestions / Feedback
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Suggestions / Feedback
Message Icon Topic: The Gitas and the Bibles of Investment! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
BubbleVision

Online Status: Offline
Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 27/Sep/2006 at 1:32pm
Must compliment you Kulman.. great Quote. Infact this the second most wierd quote i have ever read.
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 27/Sep/2006 at 2:02pm
Thanks BubbleVision, if this is the "second most weird quote", please let us know the first one.....

Edited by kulman - 27/Sep/2006 at 2:02pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Sep/2006 at 11:53am
Kulmanji: These are pirated and we would not keep these links as they might cause problems with the publishers etc. I have therefore deleted the links.

Edited by basant - 28/Sep/2006 at 11:57am
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 29/Sep/2006 at 12:09pm
Basantjee

You are right...I should have realised that before posting.

Thanks anyway.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 10:53pm

This is one interesting article by Kiyosaki (Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad). It gives a different perspective on cash flow generation via investments.

More details at: Learn to Invest Like a Pro

IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 04/Oct/2006 at 3:23pm
Thank You KULMAN....A lot
One of the best autobiography i am currectly reading is SOROS: The Unauthorized Biography, the Life, Times and Trading Secrets of the World's Greatest Investor 
by Robert Slater (Author)

Inspite of being really busy i have now cut down my sleep to just 4 hours per day to read this.....Really amazing book

This is something written about the book on amazon

1. Page 60: What Soros understood better than most were the cause and effect relationships in the world's economies. If A happened, that B must follow, then C after that.

2. Page 83: The stock market is always wrong, so that if you copy everybody else on Wall Street, you're doomed to do poorly.

3. Page 85: In 1979, Soros renamed his fund...Quantum Fund, in tribute to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle in quantum mechanics. That principle asserts that it is impossible to predict the behavior of subatomic particples in quantum mechanics, an idea that meshed with Soros's conviction that markets were always in a state of uncertainty and flux that it was possible to make money by discounting the obvious, and betting on the unexpected.

4. Page 92: Soros always says that you shouldnt be in the market unless you are willing to take the pain.

5. Page 110: Short term volatility is greatest at turning points and diminishes as a trend becomes established.

6. Page 159: It is not whether you are right or wrong, but how much money you make when you are right and how much money you lose when you are wrong....If you have tremendous conviction on a trade you have to go for the jugular.It takes courage to be a pig. It takes courage to ride a profit with huge leverage.... When you right on something, you cant own enough

You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 04/Oct/2006 at 3:26pm
SomeHow...i really really like these pain quotes... I associate trading with how you deal with pain.....
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Oct/2006 at 3:39pm
It is not whether you are right or wrong, but how much money you make when you are right and how much money you lose when you are wrong....If you have tremendous conviction on a trade you have to go for the jugular.It takes courage to be a pig. It takes courage to ride a profit with huge leverage.... When you right on something, you cant own enough

This advice shoukd be worth more then a million dollars  (if implemented). It is so simple and easy to read but has the power to change our lives if we can implement it. I have been fortunate enough to experience this.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version