Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Suggestions / Feedback
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Suggestions / Feedback
Message Icon Topic: The Gitas and the Bibles of Investment! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
kulman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Dec/2006 at 10:24am
Originally posted by basant

Have you read "The Bull""? Please do so when ever you get hold of it.

Please update us on it ("The Bull"), if possible.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
xbox

Quote xbox Replybullet Posted: 24/Jan/2007 at 5:11am
Well. I like Robert Kiyoski. I read his first book RDPD in 2003 and just finished second book on cash-flow. I also read his 'success stories' book. I read his contemporary articles on yahoo finance on regular basis.  He is making quite good money out of this businessLamp
   I like this concept and I advise every member to read first 2 book. I is must read. Warren buffets kind of ppl gives accidental approach to making money whereas this guy gives planned approach to making money (he calls it financial freedom).
Basant jee, can we distribute RDPD from TED fund Smile
Don't bet on pig after all bull & bear in circle.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 24/Jan/2007 at 9:05am
Basant jee, can we distribute RDPD from TED fund

SOme years down the line we would have a book titled ' Articles at TED" something like what our FM has done recently!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 25/Jan/2007 at 1:01pm
Yes Vipul Jee, Robert is a really good writer. I have read his books too some years back. I especially like his idea of "making money work for you" rather than the oher way round, after a certain point of time. Also, his RDPD series related to "buying real-estate" is really good, wherein he says something we all hear all the time: "Value buying".

His real-estate book also says something like, "When buying a property, the value at which to buy should be less than the intrinsic value. There are bound to be undervalued properties in a respectable neighborhood". I equate this somewhat to value buying.

If someone didnt understand clearly what I meant above, he should try reading the real-estate part of the RDPD series.

"The profit on buying a real-estate is made at the time of buying and not at the time of selling!" - Jist of the rea-estate book.

Btw, I have all the RDPD books.

Edited by omshivaya - 25/Jan/2007 at 1:04pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 25/Jan/2007 at 9:01pm

At present i am reading:

OF PERMANENT VALUE, THE STORY OF WARREN BUFFET

BY
ANDREW KILPATRICK.

Very interesting book and giving lots of insight in to lot many things related to Buffet, excellent photographs.

worth reading.

ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 25/Jan/2007 at 10:29pm
can u share something with us.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 27/Jan/2007 at 9:24pm
it starts with right from the child hood days of Buffet, his schooling, his initial career, friends, his likings- choices, lots of quotes from people he has interacted with through out his life, lots of details about the companies he has invested in ( i was amazed about reading the details printed about coca-cola in one of the chapter, i will share some other time), the business around the companies he invests, one or two photographs in every chapter. it is about 850 page book with more than 160 chapters. chapter ranges from 1 page to approx 10 pages.
i will share specific content of this book little later.

what i liked the most is unlike many other books on WB, this gives something new to understand him.
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 27/Jan/2007 at 9:35pm
Thanks US121k.......... Sounds very interesting!

Pls post more on it as soon as u find time.

Cud u also let us know ISBN number, name of the publisher & cost of this investment?

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version