Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
Message Icon Topic: Indian IPOs- New way to Financial Robbery Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Vivek Sukhani

Online Status: Offline
Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Topic: Indian IPOs- New way to Financial Robbery
    Posted: 01/Nov/2009 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Mohan

Wonder what makes TBZ come out with an IPO. 
Just one reason.....easily available money.

Sometimes I feel the markets should go down the drain to make it get rid of these 'nuisances'.

Ask this company if it has the balls to come out with an IPO if Sensex were to be at 50 p.c the current levels. Whats happening now is a blatant display of opportunism and greed. Someone really needs to burn down the offices of these investment bankers.......

Jai Guru!!!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Nov/2009 at 11:25am
One of the basic features  of capitalism is a free market and free entry and exit. No need to worry about the lambs if you are not one of them!

Edited by basant - 01/Nov/2009 at 11:27am
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
gobind
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gobind Replybullet Posted: 02/Nov/2009 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Vivek Sukhani

Sometimes I feel the markets should go down the drain to make it get rid of these 'nuisances'.

Ask this company if it has the balls to come out with an IPO if Sensex were to be at 50 p.c the current levels. Whats happening now is a blatant display of opportunism and greed. Someone really needs to burn down the offices of these investment bankers.......

:-) vivek you seem to be angry at investment bankers for raising capital. i find it amazing that we blame them for doing their job. if you have gone through the DRHP of IPOs, as I am sure you have, you would be aware they list all the risk factors. now if institutions and investors are willing to buy that story, who are we to question them. by the way, I don't think all IPOs are bad. theoretically, at least, they are meant to leave some money on the table. i feel worried that most of the recent IPOs are trading in the red. this situation has to correct otherwise the IPO market will dry up. why would anyone apply for an IPO if they can buy the stock later for lesser.
IP IP Logged
rajnsharma

Quote rajnsharma Replybullet Posted: 02/Nov/2009 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by gobind

:-) vivek you seem to be angry at investment bankers for raising capital. i find it amazing that we blame them for doing their job. if you have gone through the DRHP of IPOs, as I am sure you have, you would be aware they list all the risk factors. now if institutions and investors are willing to buy that story, who are we to question them. by the way, I don't think all IPOs are bad. theoretically, at least, they are meant to leave some money on the table. i feel worried that most of the recent IPOs are trading in the red. this situation has to correct otherwise the IPO market will dry up. why would anyone apply for an IPO if they can buy the stock later for lesser.

You are right Gobind....They are doing their job. A job which most of these guys are incapable...sorry capable of. They are not at all responsible for their statements...as they themselves don't know what's going to happen.

By the way I just remember one line about IPO from One Up On the wall Street..IPO -It's Probably Overpriced
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 02/Nov/2009 at 8:35am
Originally posted by gobind

Well, I just replied to a common question raised by a member.

However, all I want to say is that freedom shouldnt be treated as a licence. Freedom calls for responsible behaviour. Free action doesnt allow you to committ a crime.

Also, I agree with Samir. these posts should be moved to a separate thread altogether.
Jai Guru!!!
IP IP Logged
Crimsonarcher

Quote Crimsonarcher Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2009 at 2:36pm
Now Cox & Kings is also coming out with an IPO to raise some 600Cr. Out of this almost 100Cr would be paid out to existing shareholders (who are nothing but institutions that bought in at much lower valuations pre-ipo, where retail doesn't even stand a chance). Again this is to rob peter to pay paul nothing else...if you invest in an IPO, better know why you are investing!.
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2009 at 3:50pm
Based on this yahoo article  Link 

1. The desired valuation is $400 million.
2. Revenues in India is $26 million.

Assuming a 25% profit margin => earnings is 6.5 million.
The desired PE is more than 60. Smile

And some one in the firm is expecting it to be oversubscribed.
What he forgot to add "The Indians are suckers for paper"

IP IP Logged
vaib

Quote vaib Replybullet Posted: 14/Nov/2009 at 1:06am
Hedge funds ready for new boom. http://www.bloombergutv.com/experts-opinions/market-experts-column/664/hedge_funds_ready_for_new_boom.html

IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version