Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Trading Psychology
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Trading Psychology
Message Icon Topic: How to spot when the market hits a top Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
abhishekbasu

Online Status: Offline
Quote abhishekbasu Replybullet Posted: 29/Mar/2010 at 1:09pm
I read it since I read a lot of other stuff regularly as well :-) Also, it contains good articles and news updates on global economics that is sometimes easy to miss. And more importantly, it's free :-)

The point I am trying to make is that these newsletters pander to a particular segment and it might not be a good idea to create your opinions by reading any one (or two) of them. You can very well use it for getting info.

Originally posted by camanoj

If daily reckoning always has same view (bearish i.e), I wonder why you have been reading it for so long!

If i don't get bread at a local store for a few times, I stop going there for bread.

IP IP Logged
arunshah2k

Quote arunshah2k Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 4:18pm

Time to be cautious again.

Sucker penny stocks have started to move again - Himachal futuristic, silverline and many other junk stocks are making moves in past couple of days.  Clap

Edited by arunshah2k - 01/Apr/2010 at 4:23pm
IP IP Logged
camanoj

Quote camanoj Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 6:24pm
Thanks. Well said. Hope to read gist of your learnings from these readings here someitmes.

Originally posted by abhishekbasu

I read it since I read a lot of other stuff regularly as well :-) Also, it contains good articles and news updates on global economics that is sometimes easy to miss. And more importantly, it's free :-)

The point I am trying to make is that these newsletters pander to a particular segment and it might not be a good idea to create your opinions by reading any one (or two) of them. You can very well use it for getting info.

Originally posted by camanoj

If daily reckoning always has same view (bearish i.e), I wonder why you have been reading it for so long!

If i don't get bread at a local store for a few times, I stop going there for bread.
Manoj
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 7:17pm
Few indications in my opinion:

1) MFs starts advertising their 1yr, 3 yr, 5yr results.
2) Banks starts approaching you for investment plans
3) You see that job sector is stablizing and hike, promotions happening. All of sudden you approached by consultants and HR team looking in action.
4) One feels comfortable taking risks in the larket with cash which was
    lying idel in the bank for past few years.
5) Your boss, freinds, relative is telling you his succeses in the stocks.
6) Price of brokerage stocks are approaching 52 week high
7) Leisure companies starts giving good qtrly results like TITAN, MAHINDRA
    RESORTS etc.

If stock rise concides with many of above then one can safely say stocks are approaching dizziy heights :-)).
IP IP Logged
hit2710

Quote hit2710 Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 7:46pm
Good observations Manish. Another thing to add to manish's observation is

Raining of IPOs most of which are priced fancily and most of which give listing gains irrespective of valuation or business prospects.

Yet another is what Lynch mentioned and which is most important. And that is when people who asked u what to buy start advising u what to buy.

But once this phase begins it often lasts more than people expect and near the end of it, even the most pessimist people are convinced about the bullishness of markets.
Stockmarket is a weird place. For every person who buys a stock there is a person who sells it and both think they are very smart.
IP IP Logged
vinvestor2010

Quote vinvestor2010 Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by manish_okhade

3) You see that job sector is stablizing and hike, promotions happening. All of sudden you approached by consultants and HR team looking in action.
    RESORTS etc.

If stock rise concides with many of above then one can safely say stocks are approaching dizziy heights :-)).
Hi manishji, in your opinion how much of a correction would make the market reasonably valued again from 17600 downwards. About 15000 or even lower??
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by vinvestor2010

Originally posted by manish_okhade

RESORTS etc.

Hi manishji, in your opinion how much of a correction would make the market reasonably valued again from 17600 downwards. About 15000 or even lower??
ramdeo agarwal of MOST said that if anything does happen in india it happens in 50%!(today on cnbc)
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 01/Apr/2010 at 9:48am
Originally posted by vinvestor2010
Hi manishji, in your opinion how much of a correction would make the market reasonably valued again from 17600 downwards. About 15000 or even lower??[/QUOTE

If you ask me about the correction then i say that when and how much it would be i simply dont know. I can only say that its time to enjoy the o

If you ask me about the correction then i say that when and how much it would be i simply dont know. I can only say that its time to enjoy the outing, picnic and study the good stocks in free time :-)). Be ready when pessimism strikes to dig the gold with conviction.

Don't plan the investment in reference to SENSEX, Irrespective of mkt look for values all the time and remain invested unemotionaly. To earn the money one needs hard work and long term patience. Once RJ said that his success formula is simple "Anybody could be rich if invests for long time and has conviction in one's purchase". Conviction part is the bible, it only comes from strong homework only.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version